Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Booster car seats ?? How old/how many pounds??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know how old a kid needs to be or how many pounds for a booster seat??? TIA

come hometeen girltoddler boybaby girlpuppy

Lexi- Happily Married ARMY Wife & Mother to 3 kids -a Tween Girl (JaJi) and a Toddler Boy (JoJo) , and our newborn (JC) We all Love our puppy Pug Diggy. My Family means the world to me!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aleitch
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM

well our carseats 5 pt harness up to 65 lbs so i doubt that we will ever see booster seats! lol, i figure by the time the kids outgrow these carseats, we should be good to go!

CafeMom Tickers
babyboomboom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:57 PM

4ys AND 40lbs is the bare minimum.  It is best and safest to harness until about 6yrs or 65lbs.  Most 4yr olds don't sit properly in the booster seat(they slouch, put the shoulder belt behind them, etc) and in a crash the seat belt could severely injure them.

A great cheap seat for this is the Graco Nautilus.  It will harness to 65lbs and booter to 100(high and no back booster).  It is at BRU, and Wal*Mart.  It costs about $160.

~Sarah
Certified Child Passenger Safety Tech. w/ SAFE KIDS in MD

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

avegajenkins
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Thank u so much for the info!!!

Quoting babyboomboom:

4ys AND 40lbs is the bare minimum.  It is best and safest to harness until about 6yrs or 65lbs.  Most 4yr olds don't sit properly in the booster seat(they slouch, put the shoulder belt behind them, etc) and in a crash the seat belt could severely injure them.

A great cheap seat for this is the Graco Nautilus.  It will harness to 65lbs and booter to 100(high and no back booster).  It is at BRU, and Wal*Mart.  It costs about $160.

~Sarah

babyboomboom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Anytime!  I'm happy to help.

~Sarah

Quoting avegajenkins:

Thank u so much for the info!!!

Quoting babyboomboom:

~Sarah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)