Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Front Load Washers....question

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have a question for all you mamas who have front load washers. I bought mine about a year or so ago & cant stand the moldy smell that comes from it. I rarely if ever leave went laundry in it for more then a few hours (and thats if I start a load & leave the house). Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way I can fix it? TIA!!!
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Does your washer have a self clean cycle? Mine does and it requires 1 cup of bleach directly into the drum and turn on the self clean cylce. That takes care of the smell.

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

yup I was going to say self clean.

Hate me if you want to, Love me if you can. *Toby Keith*

luvmyboys2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Thanks! I'll try that... I believe it does have a self clean cycle. Also, does the "drawer" where you pour your detergent & softener get moldy spots? We have to clean ours regularly...
Jessica_1717
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

They told us when we bought ours that every time you take the wet laundry out, leave the door open for a little while to let it dry out or the rubber will get moldy. We've always done this and we've never had a problem!

Photobucket

jmlgb
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM

First clean it out. Run a load of nothing but hot water and vinegar or bleach. Then leave the door open after each use so it can dry out. 

Cheryl_03
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM

On mine there is a tube that comes out of a compartment on the bottom, and I have to drain the excess water about 1 time a month (clean it out) or it will get that smell. Also I always clean the rubber on the inside after I do laundry (the whole days laundry not after every load) I haven't noticed any modly spots in the compartment where the detergent goes. Thanks for mentioning that now I can watch for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)