• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am losing my patience!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

frustratedI am currently pregnant and I am trying hard to get my dd under control  Ever since she turned 4 a couple of months ago I am ready to kill her.  I thought it would get easier as she got older but I was seriously WRONG!  She talks back, she is sassy, she feels she do whatever and whenever she feels the need.  She has her moments where she can be an angel and I think she is getting better.  Then the shit hits the fan.  She is snaeky and has a hard time to listening to any directions.  I am so over it.  I try to remain calm but it is so difficult.  Between my horomones and anger I think I am losing it.  I know there are so many parents out there who feel the same way but sometimes I feel alone.  I often wonder what I did wrong.  Nobody warns you of these wonderful moments when your pregnant.  Thanks for listening.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I have a 4.5 year old and hes the same way. Yesterday i told him FOUR times in the same breath not to do something, and he keeps on doing it....today, same thing, except add lying....he throws fits, and OMG if he back talks me one more time...idk what im gonna do

OH and i also have a 2 year old mimicing her big brother....its wonderful let me tell you

AFWifeNMom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM

BUMP

I am interested in the replys here. I have a 2 1/2 year old and am in the same boat. I am sorry t hear that it does not get better with age

247mamaandwife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I am sorry you are having such a rough time~! My DD is 3 and is mouthy as all get out i am scared of the  teenage years let alone the next

1mom08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:19 PM
I have a little cousin who just turned 4 in May and she is everything you just described LOL but her dad so doesn't make it any better telling her and treating her like a princess!! I think its a phaze but I know how stressful it is. Go out side for a LOOOOONG breather!! I have to take breathers all the time w/ my 11 1/2 month old son.... BTW if you show it bothers you when she acts up she has kept that in mind and is now testing your patience!
lizmarie1975
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I feel the same way about my 3 year old.  I was kind of hoping it would get better once she turned 4.  Now I'm scared.

volmomof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

BUMP

I am interested in the replys here. I have a 2 1/2 year old and am in the same boat. I am sorry t hear that it does not get better with age

me to! my dd will b 3 in sep. all i do is cry 24-7. im due 5 days fter her bday* she wont listen she hits,, i dono what to do =(

and for the ppl that say spank, that doesnt work, been there done that* time outs dont work =(

1mom08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:24 PM
Quoting volmomof3:

My son laughs at me when I try to dissopline him :( and he's only 11 1/2 Months old.
Ashisexhausted1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I have a 6 year old like that..he is horrible. It's sad that sometimes I don't wanna come home because I don't want to deal with his fits and his hitting me. I've tried everything. I wanna pull my hair out sometimes.

TresEstrellas
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:32 PM

My DD will be 4 tomorrow & has been a real stinker lately!  She's back talking and decided she doesn't want to use the potty anymore, just pull-ups.  URGH!  She doesn't want to wear anything but PJs and doesn't want to go any where = just wants to stay home.  I am so frustrated with her! 

I also have a 22 month old who is a hell raiser & gets into everything.  I am due with my 3rd in Aug - so I know what you are going thru -- I have no patience to deal with my kids!  Thank god for my husband - he helps a lot with the girls.

I have to threaten my 4 yr old with an enema (LOL! - I know it's mean, but it works) to get her to do anything. 

vanessa1208
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I have a 6 and a 5 and neither of them changed there behavoir till they were 5 my five year old just started to stop talking back and listening. I thought it was going to be over by 2 or 3 but it lasted till 5. My daughter just turned one and is already talking back in her own way... hoping scents it started earily it might end eairler. Just keep your ground with her talking back make sure she understands that she doen't talk to mommy like that and don't pay attention to her when she is acting out or talking back...that's the only thing I can advise after dealing with my two at that stage....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)