Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Name Stealers

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be pissed? (read below)

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 74

View Results

I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and have known I'm having a boy for 9 weeks now. My husband and I told both sides of the family that we were going to name him "Bradley" But I was told today that my 1st cousin named her little boy "Bradlee". He was born about a week ago and she knew I was naming my boy Bradley and she said that her son was going to be Leo, but somehow that slipped her mind.

I have no idea what to do now, other than change my son's name.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
volmomof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM

thats why u dont tell anyone the name u picked. jmo

Shanamaria
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I would be HOT!

alleykatt28
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM

shoot, i dont care... still use it

why does it matter! you should still use it just to piss her off right back... lol.. i would... but if that was my name... and i wanted it... i have the right to have it.. who cares if there are two in the family..

I say just do it! lol :)~

Quoting volmomof3:

thats why u dont tell anyone the name u picked. jmo

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join our Family!!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Love the name..my sons' name is Bradley. :D I would still use it.

two4one
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Yes, it would piss me off. I'm the type that doesn't think family should have the same names (which is why I was a little miffed when my SIL and BIL names their new son Christopher. It's my husbands name).

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

CarterMommy

yup i'd be pissed to no end!

when i was pregnant with my first i was thinking of naming him Aiden... but a few months before i found out my cousin had a boy and named him Kaiden...so i threw out Aiden out

ugh and there is a girl i know and i have a 4 1/2 year old named Logan Alexander so anywho... we both got pregnant after our husbands deployment and both with boys.... she wouldn't post her son's name for the longest time... finally she posted it... Logan Alan... wow i wonder where she got that from?!?! i guess that one isn't as bad but it still bothered me that she never even said anything

Jenny301

That sucks that she did that.  I would pick a different name.  As PP said, that's why you don't tell anyone your name choices.  We don't tell anyone because we don't want any opinions.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM

See for me that wouldn't be a huge deal.  If someone was so crappy that they would do that then I wouldn't be spending any time with them anymore and it wouldn't matter that our kids had the same name cause they wouldn't see eachother.  But I am kinda hormonal today

JenniferZiemba
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Still use the name and spell it Bradley.  Then when your son is old enough tell him his name is spelled the boys way!  Bradlee, come on that spelling sucks.

Ashisexhausted1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

My mother stole my name from my AUNT! lol..i dont see how being as my cousin is older..but she was pregnant with my other cousin at the same time..to bad he was a boy lol. I'd be so flipping mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)