• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Edit in Red) Grateful or Ungrateful? What Do U Think?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM
  • 45 Replies

Poll

Question: How would u feel if some one asked u what diapers u use and they ended up bringing you the generic brand you already know dont work for your child?

Options:

Since they asked I would be upset!

I would just be glad I had some extra diapers, who cares they made a mess for me in the past!

I wouldnt care at all !!

Other - Just because!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Okay ... so my great grandmother went to the store with my aunt Sandra today. My aunt called me from the store and asked me what size diapers my son wears and what size does my niece wear. I told her and she said okay what brand do you guys use. I said we both use Huggies!

Now ... us moms use the diaper brands we use, because we have all probably went through a few different brands to find whats right according to what leaks and what doesnt leak, or what kind gives ur kid a rash and what doesnt RIGHT?

So like they get here and she brings the diapers in. FYI ... whenever my gg goes out she usually thinks of the kids and always tries to buy them something. So I was thinkin oh how nice of her to think of the babies.

So anyways ... she came in and the kind she bought were the store brand kind. Ok ... I have to admit I was a little pissed. Oh and FYI in case some one says maybe thats all she can afford ... um NO! LOL! She is rich! She is almost a millionaire with the amount of money she has in her bank accounts.

Anyways ... so like yeah inside I was kinda upset. I mean I have used those store brand kind and they dont work for my son. I dont want to be rude and say no I dont want them, but I certainly do not want to use them on my son, because they made big messes for me in the past.

Any thoughts?

I want to add this! There is a lil bit of ill history with my gg (great grandmother). Like, please believe me when I say even tho she is thoughtful and can be sweet and giving, she on the other hand is evil! I dont use that lightly either. My whole family has alienated themselves from her because of it and only come around if she is in need. She can be SO mean, but of course when she needs something we help cuz she is fam. She is like 92 or 93. Dont let her age fool u tho! She is smart as a whip and she can still walk (with out a cane) and still goes up and down the stair by herself and cooks by herself and goes to the bank and grocery store and department stores to shop (we drive her tho, she doesnt drive).

But yeah ... she does things like calls me the devil and pops my son when i am not looking. I had to get after her for that. I caught her being mean to my son. See she lives here too. At fist Ijust suspected it, because he would be with her by the fridge and I would be right in the next room pickin up toys or something (the kitchen is connectd kind of), but there is still a wall where I cant see and well he would start cryin and she would act innocent. One time I let him go by her and I waited right there and peeked in and saw her hit him to get away. UGH!

There is more to it than that! My mom does not talk to her, because she helped kill her daughter (my grandmother and my moms mother). But u get the drift.

So anyways .. its too long to get into what happened this morning, but she called me the devil because she got mad about something that was not my fault. I'll tell u a lil. I went to her room to try and tell her my aunt was here to get here. She was being snobby and instead of listening to me she kept talkin over me with an attitude sayin, why are u in my room, what do u want! I was tryin to tell her but she kept bein a u know what! UGH! So I left and went to the next room and told my brother to tell her, so he did and usually she is ready when she knows she is being picked up, but she was sayin to my brother that she was sick etc. My aunt rang the doorbell again (she was in a hurry) and well she was like whats goin on? I told her and she was like oh well tell her I will come another day and I was like ok. So when my gg found out she got pissed and blamed me and said I sent my aunt away and she wanted to go and she was yelling. I just walked away like oh God! I calld my aunt to see if she would come back and she did. Thank God!

But she (my gg) was cursin (yes cursin) my name etc. Just vulgar! So I feel (cuz I know how she is) that she (even tho she asked me) did it to piss me off, cuz she always does lil things to piss me off.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Donate them.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Take them back to the store and swap them for what you like.  

mrsJLA
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I would nicely accept the gesture then pass on the diapers to someone else who might need them. They don't need to know. And your money wasn't wasted... so no biggie. 

2007mommy2be
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I see to the first 3 posters. Thanks!

MissiHampt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Can you just exchange them without making a big deal?  I mean, at least she tried.....

jenny_1012
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I would take them back to the store and exchange them for huggies...

LaciR
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

What the hell was the point of asking if you're not going to bring them???? I'd just say,"Thanks, don't bother next time."

two4one
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I would either donate them, or use them and change him a little more often to avoid the mess. I wouldn't be pissed at her. She was nice enough to buy you something.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

marissa615
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM

take them with a smile and donate them.  I always donate all my unused and unwanted stuff to the cancer centers, shelters, hospitals, or goodwill.

sooga_booga
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I wouldn't be upset about it.

I would accept them, thank my naani (grandmother)  for picking up some diapers for my child.

And then.

If I wasn't going to use the diapers. I would donate them to a local organization that needed them and would use them.

khandalogo.gif SIKH....... image by 00-H-B-K-RULZ-00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)