• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever injured your MCL?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

If so, what happened and how did you know? My inner knee has been hurting for three weeks whenever I squat down, like something is pulling, but feels ok when I walk around normally.  

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsRStewart
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM

bump

a wedding website

marissa615
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I injured my PCL playing soccer, oh what pain.  I was in a brace for awhile.  Couldn't walk without pain.  Have you seen a doc? 

LdyGenieve
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I've had something called a 'possible tear' of my ACL, which is right next to the MCL. It caused my knee to fall out under me. Thy had to do an MRI to confirm, which is what I would suggest you do if you have any kind of knee pain. Just to be sure.

skeeterbug1224
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I would go get it checked it out, just to be safe. From what it sounds like, it is a possible tear, but the doc needs to confirm. Good luck!

Robin_Ayla
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I have no idea mama! But here is a bump for you! I hope that you can find the answer that you are looking for!

Bets85
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Yup me! I tore everything in my Knee you could tear! I know just want you mean by the "pulling" feeling! You should get an MRI. Im still in therapy to fix mine and possible surgery to fix it the rest of the way. But As I said there was ALOT of damage to my knee.

Aislinn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I tore my ACL and MCL back in HS. However, that was back when the had just started using orthroscopic surgery and my recovery took a while. A good friend of mine is a professional snowboarder and he tore his ACL an was on a bike 48 hours later. I guess it is a pretty easy surgery, now a days. Having said that, if you pulled/stretched it, it may be a whole other ballgame.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Yep.. I have my MRI tomorrow to make sure that I sprained it and to see if I retore my meniscus or not. My knee is swollen the size of a softball, I can hardly stand on it or walk. My ankle is also swelling for some reason. I have a brace that the ortho put me in last week. I may have to have surgery.. I will find out when we get the MRI results.

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)