• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay Max and Ruby

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  • 18 Replies

What is up with this cartoon?? Do they live with anyone, or does Ruby the one that still play's with dolls take care of her brother??  I know they have a grandma but doesent she live someware else??

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
volmomof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM

its a cartoon.

its not real.

momma2-3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Max & Ruby is a half-hour animated comedy series based on the children's books by Rosemary Wells. Each episode centers on Max, a determined three-year-old bunny, and his big sister, Ruby, a smart, goal-oriented seven-year-old. The show offers an empowering message for children by showing Max and Ruby playing together and resolving their differences in ways that are respectful and supportive.

http://www.nickjr.com/shows/max_ruby/max-ruby-show-info/about_max_ruby.jhtml

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:37 PM

honestly my kids aren't allowed to watch it anymore. they used to be really good at sharing until they watched max hording toys and going "MINE" all the time. so yeah that one and a few other episodes turned my kids into temporary brats and that show is bannned.

Quoting momma2-3boys:

Max & Ruby is a half-hour animated comedy series based on the children's books by Rosemary Wells. Each episode centers on Max, a determined three-year-old bunny, and his big sister, Ruby, a smart, goal-oriented seven-year-old. The show offers an empowering message for children by showing Max and Ruby playing together and resolving their differences in ways that are respectful and supportive.

JenniferZiemba
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.  I thought it was a reality show.  I was wondering where you find talking bunnies, LOL.

Quoting volmomof3:

its a cartoon.

its not real.

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM

lmfao

Quoting JenniferZiemba:

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.  I thought it was a reality show.  I was wondering where you find talking bunnies, LOL.

Quoting volmomof3:

its a cartoon.

its not real.

volmomof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Quoting JenniferZiemba:

Quoting volmomof3:

its a cartoon.

its not real.

no need to be a smart ass.

my point was why think to hard about it its a CARTOON,

ppl think to hard about stuff.

debbie26
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM

The Hell if i knew that.. I hate how my DD caught on to the (((((((((((HUNGRY)))))))))) from him like wtf you can say mommy can i have something to eat, She was stuck on that for a good few weeks So i hardly ever let her watch that show plus we have like 10 different cartoon channels since we moved that she doesn't even notice.. But i was wondering forever where is a mom or dad. Now i know ya learn something new everyday isn't that the truth

Quoting momma2-3boys:

JenniferZiemba
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM

rolling on floor

Quoting volmomof3:

Quoting JenniferZiemba:

Quoting volmomof3:

its a cartoon.

its not real.

no need to be a smart ass.

my point was why think to hard about it its a CARTOON,

ppl think to hard about stuff.

Ciuplys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM

rolling on floor Now that you mentioned it. I have never seen a parent but I have only watch it a couple of times. 

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Quoting momma2-3boys:

I just noticed this part...yet in the cartoon ruby is always taking stuff away from max and telling him no, go do something else. he tries to tell her what he wants to do or whatever and she's all "f**k you max, We're trying to do some stupid dance over here that's really f*ucking annoying to the parents of the viewers" I don't think that's very respectful the way she always puts him off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)