Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suing

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

another post got me thinking . have you sued or are suing if so what happened. iam in the middle of a law suit now. i will explain some if you want after a few responses

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
two4one
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM

My personally, I have not. Though if someone's negligence hurt me or my kids, then yes, I would sue for compensation. My parents sued a driver that hit my sister when she was riding her bike.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM

We wanted to sue only once but were told that medical malpractice lawsuits are extremely long and hard to win.... So I'm not help. BUMP I'm curious how that goes for other people though.

Praying For Jennifer.

I know we can't save your life but I hope you live while your here 

preemiemommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM

i havent...but my dad might be suing the state here shortly if he doesn't get his job back....and even if he does get his job back they still might consider suing....

i hope they sue the pants off the state...idiots 

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I havent but my dad sued and termite exterminator who used illegal chemicals and sprayed them into our walls when they were supposed to be used in the GROUND....   The health department condemmed our house and we had to tear it down and rebuild it....  By the time it got to court the guy who owned the company had shut it down and declared bankruptsy....there was nothing to get :-(  He didnt even get charged with anything even though he broke the laws obtaining and using the chemicals.

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Why would youu do that?

Quoting preemiemommy:

i havent...but my dad might be suing the state here shortly if he doesn't get his job back....and even if he does get his job back they still might consider suing....

i hope they sue the pants off the state...idiots 

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM

My parents sued Cinergy when I was 16. They had a pole placed illegally and I ended up hitting it, I was hurt really bad. Took 3 years and they settled out of court. The amount my lawyer settled for was ridiculous. I wanted to take it to court, but our lawyer advised us not to. 

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM
My aunt and uncle sued a local newspaper for Defamation of Character. My cousin was in a bad car accident by falling asleep at the wheel, he had to be life flighted. But the newspaper took the story and ran with it. In the article they said he had been convicted of 2 DWI's, got a few statements from "people who knew him". Problem is, they researched on the wrong person! Because of the story, they got A LOT of hate mail saying things like "he deserved what happened". They had to retract the story, apologize, and paid money for emotionall trauma.

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

GirlsDropEm2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

My dad sued GM.  Long story short he is diabetic, slipped into a diabetic coma while he was inside his truck, the cerpentine belt came off somehow (factory defect) and caught fire...filled the cab with smoke....bad situation.

My grandma isnt suing her heart doctor, but should.  The retard wired her defibulator wrong and now she needs another open heart surgery.

judith106
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I sued the archdiosis of Boston, and a Catholic priest. At the age of 27 I started

having flashbacks of sexual abuse, starting at the age of 8. I never told and I

buried it. Unfortunately it all came back at me and I had years of flashbacks

and many hospital stays. Im still in therapy.....I won the lawsuit

butterflymommy2
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:52 PM

we are in the process of sueing of apartment complex...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)