Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postpartum question...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

I passed a clot this morning that was a little bigger than a golf ball. I've also had a headache all day today, and my abdomen and lower back are hurting. Should I call my doctor, or is this normal...this is my 3rd delivery?

pregnancy week by week
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jessica_1717
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I kept passing clots and had to get put on some meds to break them up. But I had a c-section.. After I started the meds I passed one that was the size of a baseball. Maybe just call your doctor and ask..

Photobucket

s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM

How many days PP are you? I know I passed some pretty big clots for a few days after delivery. If you're not feeling well, you should call your doctor.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

devalexiangel
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I'm 6 days postpartum today

Quoting s.t.e.p.h:

How many days PP are you? I know I passed some pretty big clots for a few days after delivery. If you're not feeling well, you should call your doctor.

pregnancy week by week
misty1885
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Happened to me too. Scared the heck out of me but I was fine a week later.

Septpreggo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM

i never passes any clots after delivery so i dont know if its normal or not, but im the type of person that always says better safe than sorry, so i would just call ur doctor, it wont hurt anything and youll get peace of mind

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)