Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

and they didnt even apologize!!!*some cussing*

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 16 Replies

i was over due in my pregnancy and just didnt want to come out. so the doctor had me go to the hospital to be induced. so in the evening i went and got induced and my water broke the next morning at like 3 am. right after my water broke i instantly started having crazy unbearable contractions. so they gave me pills to help but it didnt. so the guy that did my epidural came in and at this time i was screaming and scared cause i was in soooo much pain. after he put the epidural in i almost immediately had to start pushing. and OMG! did it hurt!! they kept trying to figure out why it hurt so bad since i got the epidural and all. but i wasnt thinking bout that but getting him out so the pain would stop. one of the nurses was such a bitch and kept telling me to quit screaming!! i was totally about to sock her but my big sister who had already had 4 kids was calming me down. finally after an hour of pushing he came out. i then asked why it hurt so fricken bad. they didnt know. so after a few hours i got up to go to the bathroom with the nurses help and the epidural wasnt even in!! so i was induced and had natural birth and didnt even know it! she just acted like it was normal....lol no its not suppose to fall out. and arent they suppose to be checking it???? does anyone else have a crazy birth story? or this happen to anyone else?

Tiffany, mother to the most handsome little man!toddler boy

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheChefandMe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM

My Epi stopped working right before they cut me for an emergency C-section!!! That really sucked and hurt a hell of alot!!!

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM

With my first child, I was admitted to the hospital at midnight, 4cm dialated (water NOT broken yet) and he was already trying to come out...I had 3 contractions from the time I was hooked up to the machines and all til the time the anaesteciologist (spelling???) came...3 contractions later, Aidan was on his way out...It hurt like HELL cause the epidural didn't really kick in til after he was born.

With my second child, I was having BAD contractions one on top of another, but was only 1cm dialated when I was admitted.  Had to have an IV of saline before I could get an epidural - was SEVERELY dehydrated cause I was sick...the stupid nurse couldn't do it right, so I wound up with a golfball-sized saline bubble right under my skin (which turned my arm BLACK AND BLUE for a month!)  Then, the anaesteciologist had to stick me twice for the epidural, cause I moved as he was inserting the needle.  (He was trying to time it in between my contractions, but they were literally one on top of another, and I spiked a BIG one as he was inserting the needle.)

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker
PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Wow, that is nuts...

With my 1st, Dh called an ambulance because my daughter was coming so fast and we weren't going to make it to the hospital in time. I got taken to the triage and I was almost 10cm, contractions on top of each other. I was like wth, contractions didn't hurt that bad but still.. The nurse yelled at DH to put an oxygen mask on me, I ripped it off because I couldn't breath with it on, the nurse yelled at DH to hold it on my face. She told me not to scream, other ladies were in labor. Omg, I wasn't doing anything. Not screaming, not talking, nothing.. I told her I had to push and she told me to be quiet, I still had a while yet, even though I was almost 10cm. I told her i was going to push, she went and got my Dr and my daughters head was almost out..

With my 3rd. My Dr wanted me to get some pain relief because after dilating to 5cm my labor stopped. It was taking a long time to get me back into labor. The guy came in to give me some pain medicine and he couldn't get the needle to thread in my back. DH said blood was pouring everywhere. DH kept telling the guy to get it in and asked him several times if he knew what he was doing.

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

lillitigator88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM

omg wow. Iam so sorry

jordansmommy701
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Quoting TheChefandMe:

My Epi stopped working right before they cut me for an emergency C-section!!! That really sucked and hurt a hell of alot!!!

OMG!! hell yea that would hurt!!!!!

Mindy88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM

With my first son I went into the hospital and was 6cm dilated and stalled at 7 so my midwife suggested an epidural and I agreed. But it just made the pain worse it never worked and everytime the medicine would be given my contractions were 10 times worse then when it wasn't. The person who did my epi kept calling me a liar that I must be fakeing that it didn't work because "she did it right!" and the nurses kept telling me not to scream and so on..was so miserable. I was so happy the pushing only lasted 20mins but the 10 hours of labor was HELL.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
jordansmommy701
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Quoting PoisonousBlonde:

Wow, that is nuts...

With my 1st, Dh called an ambulance because my daughter was coming so fast and we weren't going to make it to the hospital in time. I got taken to the triage and I was almost 10cm, contractions on top of each other. I was like wth, contractions didn't hurt that bad but still.. The nurse yelled at DH to put an oxygen mask on me, I ripped it off because I couldn't breath with it on, the nurse yelled at DH to hold it on my face. She told me not to scream, other ladies were in labor. Omg, I wasn't doing anything. Not screaming, not talking, nothing.. I told her I had to push and she told me to be quiet, I still had a while yet, even though I was almost 10cm. I told her i was going to push, she went and got my Dr and my daughters head was almost out..

With my 3rd. My Dr wanted me to get some pain relief because after dilating to 5cm my labor stopped. It was taking a long time to get me back into labor. The guy came in to give me some pain medicine and he couldn't get the needle to thread in my back. DH said blood was pouring everywhere. DH kept telling the guy to get it in and asked him several times if he knew what he was doing

they were bitches to you too? yea the whole epidural thing.. they need to have PROFESSIONALS!!! i heard you could get paralyzed if they hit the wrong spot. thats why you have to be still. lol but how can we when were in labor??? my sister kept feeding me little bits of ice. she was awesome in calming me down. i dont think i could have done it without her.

KRISSH
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM

wow..i,m sorry for ya...

i had my dd 4 days late..she was 9lbs 5 oz.. i wen in for stress on that mon and had her sat mor 240.. wen i had test thay sad i was 1 cem .so i was in  labor 4 days and 12 hr...wow..after pussing for 2 hr  . she came out..her head did not mold eather ...all head...

lilmomma92706
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM

My hospital did a simialar thing to me. They put it all in my back and then never turned it on. I was induced with Cytotec and pitocin and it was awful!!!

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I'm sorry you all had crappy nurses.  I overall had awesome nurses.  My first though I had 1 bad nurse that wouldn't check me like she was suppose to.  if she would have checked me first thing in the morning to see that I had stalled out at 4cm I would have gotten to start the petocin around noon but instead I had to wait until 5pm because my Dr. works at a clinic and only had time around lunch or wait until the clinic closed for the evening.

Anywho I had really good nurses that said nothing but good words.  I've even heard women screaming from a few rooms away and all I heard was words of encouragement.  Personally i think if you can't be nice and calm and give words of encouragement to women that are in labor then you need to find a different field of medicine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)