• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get your tonsils removed as an adult?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

How long was it until you were feeling better and eating soft food without a problem?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WildKat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM

No but I want to soooo bad.  I hate my tonsils. 

Anyway - here's a bump for ya!

Peace,

Kat

MommytoIsabella
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM

At my two week post-op appointment, I still wasn't feeling my best. My throat felt like there was a weed eater in it! I would say it was a full month before I was feeling normal.

lizgriff
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I got mine out in 2004. It was probably about a week. Actually it was a week because I went out of town with my bf at the time. You can't keep solid food away from me. My fat ass loves it too much.

NattysMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Oh boy =[ DH had his taken out and is still acting like he is dying...I thought he was just being a wuss but I guess not...

Quoting MommytoIsabella:

At my two week post-op appointment, I still wasn't feeling my best. My throat felt like there was a weed eater in it! I would say it was a full month before I was feeling normal.

NattysMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM

LMAO I'd be the same way I LOVE to eat!!

Quoting lizgriff:

I got mine out in 2004. It was probably about a week. Actually it was a week because I went out of town with my bf at the time. You can't keep solid food away from me. My fat ass loves it too much.

NattysMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Just two ppl on this whole forum?? Hard to believe... 

Leener3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

My daughter wasn't technically an adult but she was 17 (does that count?)  It was miserable. She was out for almost 2 full weeks.  In her eyes (not mine) only one good, thing came out of it, she lost 22 pounds. She absolutely refused to eat or drink anything for almost 8 days (she would suck on ice chips.) It wasn't until her doctor threatened to hospitalize her that she agreed to eat some applesauce. 

Sorry, I don't have better news to report, but it was not fun.  I had mine out at age 11, and while it hurt it wasn't as bad as her ordeal.

Edit:  Should say 15 of the 22 pounds were regained within a month of getting back to normal.

lillitigator88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

i was 14 and it hurt for like a month but right before I was supposed to go back to school like 4 days before my tonsils burst and I started gushing blood out of my  mouth so I went back in to operation and they had to recauterize. that hurt worse than the first time.

but it was okay

3armycuties
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM

DH had his out when he was 22 and he was out for awhile. But in all reality, his doctor said that DH was some of the worst he's seen in awhile. So I would say it all depends on how severe his were...Hope he feels better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)