Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children from Hell

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am a full-time 4th grade teacher, and as most teachers, I have the summer off. I am working at a preschool this summer because they needed my help, and who couldn't use the extra money, right? Well, I have the 2 year old class, and  they are the worst children on the planet. I have 14 kids, and only 3 of them are well-behaved (for 2 year olds). The others are the most hateful, mis-behaved children I have ever seen! They are constantly hitting, slapping, kicking, biting, and pulling hair. Not just their peers mind you, but their teachers too! When you ask them to apologize, they scream "NO" in your face and spit! We put them in time out, they don't stay. We are at our wits end. We have tried separating them into groups of 7 and keeping them busy with activities, but when you have 5 kids misbehaving it is impossible to teach them anything or do anything constructive with them.  Something has to be done. Either we need more help, or something else has to happen. Have any of you moms ever worked in a daycare/preschool with 2 year olds? Were they all this hateful? I understand there are going to be a few, but not nearly ALL of them. Do parents not discipline their kids anymore? You know if they spit on us at school, they do it at home too. They must get away with it or else all these behaviors would stop. I just don't know what to do. This is NOT how I want to spend my summer. HELP!!! 

Danielle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
smileolot
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

wow! I would not want to meet the parents they sound like they may be a bad example.....

CoastieWifePR
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Sorry mama hope it gets better soon

aviatorswife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM

My son is a pretty well behaved 2 year old and yet at times he behaves that way (minus the spitting). He quickly gets corrected, but at this age they are still learning and pushing those boundaries. I'm not sure I can give you any magical advise other than if you haven't talked with the parents then you should. My son goes to hourly care occasionally at the on post daycare and he spends time in the church nursery and if my son acted like that believe me I would want to know. Honestly they feed of each others behaviour too, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, but stick it out and keep enforcing the rules they'll learn eventually.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

RetroWife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Duct tape the parents to a chair in the morning and let them see how their little darlings behaves. If they do nothing, demand they take their crazyness elsewhere.

Helen

nurse

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/09-06-03#feature

Educate yourself with proven scientific facts.

Mommy2Kadin27
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM

There 2 yr old what do you expect...Every child's temperament is diff.I was also a Daycare Teacher for 4/5 yr olds and they weren't all perfect....I'm sorry your having such a rough time...

Be A Hero...Grant And Make A Wish...www.wishuponahero.com

mommasbois
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM

just want to bumb. Dont know how to help ya. Best of luck.

bump

musikenthusiast
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Quoting aviatorswife:

My son is a pretty well behaved 2 year old and yet at times he behaves that way (minus the spitting). He quickly gets corrected, but at this age they are still learning and pushing those boundaries. I'm not sure I can give you any magical advise other than if you haven't talked with the parents then you should. My son goes to hourly care occasionally at the on post daycare and he spends time in the church nursery and if my son acted like that believe me I would want to know. Honestly they feed of each others behaviour too, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, but stick it out and keep enforcing the rules they'll learn eventually.

Thank you for responding :) I feel like my hands are tied because the director, who is a sweet lady, doesn't know much about being a director. She told me that the daycare needs the money so she doesn't want to make the parents mad by telling them that their child misbehaves. And sadly, a lot of the parents just laugh and do not take me seriously. They say, "oh, they're just being two." It is very frustrating! Thank you for your support though :)

Danielle
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)