Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you feed them at lunch?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so i need some suggestions. I have a 3yr old DD. I send her off to daycare and I feel like I feed her the same junk everyday. I have to pack her a lunch, so im packing either: mac n cheese, spagetios, those frozen Kid Cuisen meals, lunchables, hot dogs or nuggets. With that I usually put those gummy snacks and like a mandarin orange cup. So anyone have any other lunch suggestions that I can pack with her to day care??

THANK YOU!!

- Glorianne

american flag ribbonin lovegirl on a swing

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I started buying those packs of miniburgers from the grocery store and sam's club has them in chicken too. my kids love'm 

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I also make a point to put in some sort of fresh veggie and oen serving of fresh fruit everyday. the main course is what changes the most

retsillacam
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM

sandwiches, milk, chips and fruit.

ms-vero

bump

shaedog3

sandwitches leftover dinner grapes apples any fruit really carrot sticks broccoli colilower with ranch dip make mac and cheese with hamburger (sometimes i add a can of diced tomatoes to it )    corn dogs   jello cups apple sauce chips

FostrMom1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM

will shee eat sandwiches? deli meat and cheese?  pb and j, or tunafish? chicken or egg salad? what things do you make for dinners at home, you could make mini meals to send w/ her to the sitter.  Chicken, Porkchops, ribs, w/ fresh or cooked veggies? Other pasta w/ sauce homemade instead of canned.  Other good sides, would be Yogurt cups the lil danimal ones or the drinks, or tubes, jello, fresh broccli, carrots or celery w/ ranch dip, or celery w/ peanut butter...cottage cheese w or w/out fruit... ETC

Good Luck

milinsmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM

My daughter likes turkey and cheese on a tortilla, rolled up then sliced in circles.  She also likes mini carrots with ranch dressing or diced cumcumber. Blueberries, diced strawberries, orange slices, well, you get the idea. You could also do pb&j on the tortilla, if your daycare allows peanut butter products. My daughter may love something for a while, then all of a sudden not like it. That's a toddler, I guess.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
erika_g
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

uncrustables!! i love em i take them for lunch lol usually when i pack my son for grandmas house or wherever i give him string cheese grapes goldfish crackers and believe it or not for 2.50 at walmart they have a lunch thing that comes with a sandwich animal crackers string cheese and an apple way cheaper than a lunchable.

JRLKBGMomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Soup in a thermos, variety of sandwiches, def. veggies with dip..like kids love to dip, fruit cups, applesauce, oatmeal or cereal (if having breakfast for lunch is ok...I know someone people cant do it).

They even have veggie cups that you can microwave that is a single serving.  I am in need of suggestions for lunch as well.

MommyRoxer
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM

My DD is unbelievably picky...LOL. She will not eat veggies! My mom just told me to try fresh veggies and ranch dip, that she might like the crunch and the fun of dipping it into the ranch?? The only way I can get her to eat a sandwhich is take the "dinosaur" cookie cutter and cut it out. She dosnt like Peanutbutter.

Quoting FostrMom1:

will shee eat sandwiches? deli meat and cheese?  pb and j, or tunafish? chicken or egg salad? what things do you make for dinners at home, you could make mini meals to send w/ her to the sitter.  Chicken, Porkchops, ribs, w/ fresh or cooked veggies? Other pasta w/ sauce homemade instead of canned.  Other good sides, would be Yogurt cups the lil danimal ones or the drinks, or tubes, jello, fresh broccli, carrots or celery w/ ranch dip, or celery w/ peanut butter...cottage cheese w or w/out fruit... ETC

Good Luck

- Glorianne

american flag ribbonin lovegirl on a swing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)