Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We made a decision concering the twins..(PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM
  • 42 Replies

At this point I think everyone knows we are pregnant and we are expecting twins.  They are girls.  However Scarlett (Twin A) has some very serious birth defects and the doctors don't expect her to live for more then an hour after birth. 

We (well I) have decided not to terminate Scarlett.  If we go with the procedure there is a 20% of losing the whole pregnancy.  If we do nothing there is a 30% chance of losing the whole pregnancy.  That coupled with other factors (emotional well being and such) I think is is best not to terminate. While Bryan doesn't agree he understands and said he will be supportive

Unfortunately becuase of the nature of the defects corrective surgery seems to be impossible.  Her sister, Autumn seems to be doing fine. And barring no other problems we expect to take Autumn home.

Becuase of the kind of twins they are I will have to be hospitlized the 2nd week in August until they are delivered so they can be monitored for cord entanglement.

I just wanted to let everyone know where things stood.  We will keep you guys updated :-)

and I will try not to depress you guys with anymore of my post....but thank you all for being so supportive

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
renee3218
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Good Luck momma. I will keep you & your babies in my prayers. 

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Good Luck and I hope everything turns out good for you and the twins. Your family is in my thaughts.

JPandMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Good luck..I will keep you and the twins in my prayers.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM

That really sucks. Im glad you are going to continue the pregnancy and I really hope you are prepared for whatever happens. I wish you the best of luck!

Short_n_sass
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM

How are your older children taking this news?

missbobbie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Wow good luck honey. Must be hard to go through but you are in my thoughts.

Jennifer_236

Quoting tairakittie:

That really sucks. Im glad you are going to continue the pregnancy and I really hope you are prepared for whatever happens. I wish you the best of luck!

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Best of luck momma!! I hope everything goes well!

JenniferZiemba

I've been praying for you and your little baby girls.  Please keep us posted we are thinking of you. 

LaciR
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM

My thoughts continue to be with you and your babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)