Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

f*c* my job...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

My job is screwing me... and not in a comfortable way.

I was hired a month before I graduated college in a call center. I took the job Part Time because I needed to finish school.

During training I asked the trainer/supervisor if I could switch to full time upon completing training because I would be gradutated. He said yes...

Than three weeks later he said "No full time postions are open at this time, my hands are tied"

Fast forward a few weeks. I open my Sunday paper looking for better job opportunities.. and ther is my company advertising a full time position for the job I am doing. Piss me off.

So i contacted them and asked them about it... they said they would get right back to me.. two days go by. Nothing.

Meanwhile, I go look on the web-site to see if the posting has been removed, since I can obviously fill it.... Guess what I find? It hasn't... and they are advertising two other positions, both are in the department I just got my degree in. When I was hired, the HR director assured me as soon as one of those positions opened she would consider me and we could talk it through... No word from her, but there it is for the public to bid on....

So I emailed her today... No word, but when I saw her in the hall, she quickly busied herself with another random person to appear busy...

I am visibly pregnant, something they didn't know when I was hired.. I can't help but wonder if they don'w want to give me a full time job because they don't want me to have benefits....

I am officially hard core searching for a GOOD company to employ me. Wish me luck.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Wow!! I would just keep pressing the issue and annoying the shit out of them and see what their reasonings are.

aarkat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM

good luck finding an employer who appreciates you.  : )

(i know it sounds funny, but i mean it genuinely!)

Yadee87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM

That seems so unfair! I'm sorry! Keep your head up. You'll land that dream job! 

Short_n_sass
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Quoting aarkat:

good luck finding an employer who appreciates you.  : )

I am thinking it will be REALLY hard getting hired while visibly preggo as well.... : (

sunshine21pa
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:28 PM

you can think of it this way, atleast you have a job! and that is very rude with what they did. Just keep bugging them lol

Short_n_sass
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Quoting sunshine21pa:

you can think of it this way, atleast you have a job! and that is very rude with what they did. Just keep bugging them lol

Oh i know. I won't quit unless I find something else. But the way I am being treated is really wrong and if I can find a company that will treat me fairly that would be ideal.

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I am so sick and tired of hearing "at least you have a job"...I will be the first to admitt...I have said it to myself...just to get my ass outta bed and go to work....but something has to change...this world as we know it has to get better....and SOON!

Its new and fun....Join in!

trish33990
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM

i doubt its because of the benefits. but i do believe it may be due to you needing maternity leave.  but i cant blame them, its easier to find one person to train rather than 2...

Mikey
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM

good luckmite be a blessing in disguise cuz u don't wanna waste ur time workin for a co with ethics like that! best to ya momma!

savedbygrace316
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I had been doing the same job for almost 8yrs when I became pregnant.  I did all their hiring and training and such for one of their branches.  I bent over backwards for them and didn't get paid for it.  Yeah big mistake.  They totally screwed me when I got pregnant.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)