Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FLIP FLOPS & SCHOOL

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM
  • 34 Replies

A DO OR A  DONT    kindergaten

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2girls516
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Our school does not allow them.

AJmum
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM

My daughters school you are not allowed to wear them, she is in first grade.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I am a fan of uniforms. So I say that flip flops are a no - but in elementary school it is for safety reasons. Flip flops aren't as stable as tennies or mary janes.... a young child needs stability on her feet.

My daughter's school has a very strict uniform - black mary janes for all of the girls, so I have not seen this issue firsthand.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

FostrMom1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM

A DEfinate DONT, they are not safe!

MAyers

I wouldn't but that's just me.

iheartmyshaman

I don't think it's a big deal--I love flippy floppys!

zenia85

Well my daughter wore flip flops all the time during the warm months. She doesn't really like tennis shoes. But at her school it was pretty much up to the teacher. Her teacher didn't mind, but the other teacher didn't want the kids wearing any open toed shoes. So yeah...

Mommy_2_Ella
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I would say don't. One because of other kids stepping on their feet and second because they could be a little dangerous playing on playground equipment.

Mommy to human girl Ella born 10-14-06, my big beautiful brown eyed girl...mommy to 3 doggie furbabies Molly (10), Charley (16) and Cooper (2) and foster mommy to many furbabies. And caretaker, mentor and friend to the wonderful children in my in home daycare!

I  do not have to answer the question 'Why do you  have so many animals?' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get..

vickieb310

For kindergarten I'd say not.  Our schools don't allow them at all, but once the kids reach middle school they don't enforce that. 

WifeyandMommy89

For children a deffinant NO, but I wear them to school all the time.. it's hot as hell...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)