Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool decided to close, now what?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

Sorry ladies, but I need to vent!

So, I signed my oldest DD up for Preschool to start this coming September, we were highly recommended to one and after visiting it, gave a deposit and she was enrolled and accepted. YEAH! I have talked to them a couple of different times (she is my first, I am totally new to this, had lots of questions).  Well, today I get a letter from them, before I opened it I thought, okay, time to get things ready, but no, it was a letter stating that due to lack of enrollment, support and money that they will not be able to continue the preschool, and that they thought that telling us now gives us "plenty" of time to find another preschool! WHAT?? Its JUNE!!!!  Most of the preschools that are even decent are filled by March at the latest!  I am so stressed out, I was sooooo looking forward to her starting school-she needs that interaction and I need the break...dont get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything, but she is just ready for preschool!! 

Okay sorry about that, just a bit shocked and dont know what to do just yet. Thanks for letting me vent!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Did they refund your enrollment fees?

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

ShadowLark
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:47 PM

That really sucks!  I'm sorry!

stacy77
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Yes they did refund me my full deposit, it is just that she is now out of a preschool, and from what I hear from other moms I know in the area, most good ones are filled now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)