Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pencil pregnancy test?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Have you guys heard of the old wivestale of dectecting pregnancy or sex of the baby with the pencil test?

If you have, have you used it?

How accurate or unnacurate was it?

What are some other wivestales like that you have heard?

Sick of the same ol drama, lets do something different, lol!!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
giminidragonfly
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:47 PM

i have herd of it bit do remember how to do it sorry bump

ShadowLark
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM

What is it?

corbyzmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM

You are supposed to take a needle and stick it into the eraser of a pencil and thread the needle.  Hold it over your wrist, your partners wrist, your belly or your wedding rings.  If it swings one way, it is supposed to be a girl, if it swings another it is supposed to be a boy with a circle or pause in between children.  I think up and down is boy and side to side is girl.  It is supposed to count miscarraiges and abortions too I think.  Supposedly any children, living or not.  So for instance if you had two girls, and were pregnant with a boy, it would swing side to side, pause, side to side, pause, up and down, or something like that, lol.

My mom did it when I got pregnant with my son, and it was accurate, but afterall there is a 50/50 chance.  Like I said, this is just a change from the drama.

corbyzmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM

bump, come on ladies, feed my starving mind.

richardsgirl16
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM

my mom told me about an old wives tale that actually came true!!!!

it was the tale that when a women finds out she is pregnant, a bunny rabbit dies. Well, when i found out i was prego, i was in FL on vacation and she had called me and told me my rabbit died. I was freaken out! It was weird how it came true. She said he just flopped over and died:( my poor bunny! 

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM

this one is you inject them with your urine and if they die, you are pregnant :)

Quoting richardsgirl16:

it was the tale that when a women finds out she is pregnant, a bunny rabbit dies. Well, when i found out i was prego, i was in FL on vacation and she had called me and told me my rabbit died. I was freaken out! It was weird how it came true. She said he just flopped over and died:( my poor bunny! 

corbyzmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM

wow, that sucks.  sorry about your poor bunny.

that is a crazy one, i have never heard of that before

i was reading about a fork thing too.  like you have your friend or someone hide a fork and a spoon under random seats or whatever, and if you sit on the fork it is a boy, spoon is a girl, or something like that.

Quoting richardsgirl16:

KT_Dec08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I don't know how true it is but I did have something happen. My best friend was pregnant and we decided to do it on her. I can't remember which way it went. Anyways, we decided to do it on me. It started moving like crazy and we had to laugh b/c I wasn't even pregnant. Well....actually I was! At the time I was about 4 weeks and it was probably just a coincidence but it still seems weird.

babies

corbyzmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM

oh my gosh, well that is terrible

Quoting strawberryLVR:

this one is you inject them with your urine and if they die, you are pregnant :)

Quoting richardsgirl16:

LukesMommy912
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I have heard of using a diamond ring above your left wrist. We tried it out the other day and it really seems to work! It goes in a circle for girl and back and forth for boy. Stops in between kids, and counts miscarriages and abortions.

Ex. 1

One of my best friends is pregnant. She had a miscarriage last year around this time. She literally just got a positive test when we tried it. It went in a circle first (girl, miscarriage), another circle (girl), back and forth (boy), and circle again. So a total of 4 kids and 1 miscarriage so far.

Ex. 2

I already have a son so my mom tried it on me. It went back and forth (boy, my son) stoppped then went in a circle and stopped. 2 kids for me! 1 of each!

Ex. 3

This one is a bit confusing but we did it to test it. My mom has been pregnant 7 times total. 4 miscarriages, 3 babies. Hers went in a circle first (girl, miscarriage), another circle (ME!), back and forth (boy, miscarriage), back and forth (boy, oldest brother), circle (girl, miscarriage), back and forth (boy, youngest brother) and circle (girl, miscarriage)

It scared us how accurate it was. She never found out the sex of the babies but for it to come up with 7 with the living kids the right sexes was amazing! I was the one holding it and didn't know she had 4 miscarriages.

Each year, approximately 1 million pregnancies in the U.S. end in miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of the newborn child. At NILMDTS, professional photographers  provide the gift of free remembrance portraiture to families in need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)