• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG The cops just came to my door!!!!!!! another update AND ANOTHER .........................OK LAST UPDATE..............................

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • 205 Replies

they asked for me and my id i showed them they were here to arrest me they said i have a warrent for my arrest  WTF???????  i asked them what or and they sasid they didnt know!!

they didnt do anything cus my dd was here and there would have been no one to watch here

the 1st cop knocked an my door i answered it and he asked for me i said yes this is me he said do you have an id i said ya sure thats when the 2nd cop appeared when i was looking in my purse to get it my dd came to the door andsaid hi (she is 2 1/2)  he asked if any one else was here i asid no it is just me and my hubby, but he works grave yard and he is at work now so it is just me and dd here. i said what is this about and he said that i have a warrent for my arrest! i said you have got to be kidding me what for, he said idk i thind trafictickets or fines probably  i said what tickets i had my license suspended in april and havnt drove since than. he said imnot 100% sure. i said well how do i find out and he said to call the court hous tom am, and since it was a bench warrent? (im not sure  what ever the lesser one is) that he would let it go b/c dd was here and hubby was at work there was no one to watch dd. To try to get it taken care of soon. than they left.  they didnt show me any paper or warrent or card nothing?

**********************update*********************

so i called the courthouse this am to see WTF id going on, it turns out that i do have a warrant !!!!  when i was in court in April i had 2 court dates in April like a week apart i went to the first one and asked the judge if i had to come back next week or if he put it all on this date, he said it is all on today's case, make sure the lady in front documents it. s i did and she told me what my fines were that i had to pay.  Well  they put out a warrant for my arrest for contempt of court .  I said there is no way i specifically asked the judge if i had to come back and he said no.   ( i also have other fines that i have been paying on as well)  I asked her if i just pay the warrant fees and that is it or what she said that i have to pay all of the fees plus fines that i was paying on plus all the warrant fees that would be 967$ and everything would go away or i pat the bond for the warrant and it would be 1,300$ and i would need to get a court date to See what the judge wanted to do about the fines, OR i could turn my self in and"probably spend a few days in jail and than see what the judge wants to do".  That makes about as much sense as paying the 1,300$ for the bondsman and than paying fees on top of it!!!  So i have to pretty much come up with $967 in the next few hours before they come back to try and arrest me again tonight. 

Thank you ladies that were supportive and concerned i do appreciate the thoughts, and support!!!!!!!!   for those of you who thought i was lying and making shit up clearly i wasnt, but everybody will think what they want anyway so i guess it doesnt matter!

update again

so i called my dad and told him what was going on he said that he would call to pay it  i gave him the num (he lives in WI) he was going to try to pay it with card. well he didnt call back and it was a while since the las time i talked to him he was working i figured he got busy so i called the court house to see if it was paid yet they said that it was not, i told them that my dad would be calling to pay it she said oh ya he did already . I asked what the problem was and she said they didnt take card that he needed to send a money order in. So i said ok well since you know that it is being taken care of can you document it so they dont try to arrest me again and ill havae to pay 1.300 $   on top of the 96$ ?   she said no there is nothing they can do about it if they come they come!!!!   I still havnt talked to my did so i dont know what the hell im supposed to do now???

again

ok so i called the company that takes the card payments and they said tht the court house is the one that puts a restriction on accounts being able to be paid on line or not i gave her my info and she said that the court put   the "block" or whatever it was that my stuff couldnt be paid on line.i think that is b.s,. they are probably just trying to lure me down there to arrest me!!! Anyways i get a hold of my dads wife and told her what was going on she called my dad and he was under the impression from the lady he talked to at the court house that he could still pay online, i told his wife that he couldnt, so she is going to send my mom a check and my mom is on her way to get me now to gp to the court house and pay the 967$  she is going with me to make sure i get every single piece of paper work i can!!!!  Hopefully they dont try to arrest me when i get there!!

ok so i went to go pay it everything is paid i made the lady give me EVERY receipt and paper that she had!!! I told her that there has been too many "miss understandings"   That i was very uncomfortable leaving there with everything possible !!!  it still sucks that they charged me 430$ just for the contempt of court that should NOT be there, but i guess  the court cant be fought!!!!!  it is paid i am clear of everything i even got my license back!!!! Now i can sit at home and nit worry that every noise i hear is a cop out side. (or some crazy kidnapper stalker ppl!!!!! LOL!!!!) 

thanks again ladies!!!!!    So glad you all were here for support!!!blowing kisses

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lbdm2002
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM

you need to call the courthouse first thing in the morning.  possibly an unpaid ticket?   

aarkat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM

did they show you the warrant?  wouldn't it say on there what the charges were?

alleykatt28
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM

wow. that sucks. kinda scary... why wouldnt they know? if they were knocking on your door to arrest you.. they didnt know what for exactly? That just doesnt sound right to me.

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join our Family!!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

spcjones203
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Okay, I'm not inclined to believe this. Because I was at Wal-Mart and I watched this lady get arrested and a social worker came to get her son since she was the only one with him.

Billie_Bush

Quoting aarkat:

TheSinFamily

SCARY!!!! That is crazy they would just come to your house and NOT EVEN KNOW WHY. They could have just been guys dressed as cops. Did you see the cop car, or just them??

GL on getting it all straightened out

Sirenabella
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM

That doesn't sound right. A warrant says what you are being arrested for and they would arrest you even if your daughter was present. They would take her to the station and somebody would have to come get her.

Mindy9807

Id be making some phone calls how did they not know what it was for? 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

alleykatt28

thats what i was thinking.. sounds fishy... and IF they were there to arrest you.. they dont care ifyou have no one to watch the child.. they will tell you to call someone.. and if you dont have a someone... they will take the child, usually to a case worker who will care for the child till you are done.....

....you might want to really look in on what the heck that was.

Quoting aarkat:

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Do you have a common name or something? There is a woman in my town with the exact same first and last name as me.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)