Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband has a death wish.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 20 Replies

DH got a new job. Yes, it's hard work and he's tired. I understand that. But here I am, 31 weeks pregnant and doing everything by myself. (Ok, well he does bath time, so not "everything")

It's 9pm, and this is the first time I've sat down since 4pm. I made dinner, served dinner, cleaned up after dinner, did the dishes, cleaned up the kids, cleaned their room for bedtime, got them dressed after baths, gave & cleaned up after bedtime snacks, cleaned the living room and all the toys, made DH's lunch, washed his water jug, put his work clothes in the wash....

And in the meantime, as I'm trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to get to my doctors appointment tomorrow, DH says he can call his mom and see if I can take her to work and borrow her van. I immediately said no for two reasons - 1. I've never driven anything bigger than our neon, and her insurance only covers 25+ drivers. Not a good idea. 2. Long story short - I refuse to ever ask her for ANY kind of favor ever again. So what does he do? Get's pissed off at me. Ya know, I'm the one who handles everything around here. Household stuff, kids, bills, how I'm going to get myself and the kids to any kind of appointments. Yet, he's sitting here getting mad at me. W.T.F.? 

I'm sore, exhausted, swollen, and don't get so much as a, "Here honey, why don't you sit down and I'll *insert any tiny thing that needs to be done here*". But he's real quick to ask me to give him a back massage or run to the store to pick him up this or that cause he's just "too tired to do it". Hey, it's not like I have his giant child in my womb sucking every ounce of energy I have or anything. I don't go to work so there's noooo way I could be tired and need a hand. 

So, if you see a headline on CNN of a pregnant woman who smothered her husband with a pillow in the early morning hours.....it was me.     

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Short_n_sass
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Cut it off... way more message driving than smothering with a pillow :)

mbaker331
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM

oh honey i hope you feel better and you home life starts helping you relax a little.

baby dust

caiti
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Oh honey *hug* Douche needs to get it together. When he has a little parasite, then he can say he's too tired. Just stop doing it for a while, and then see if he appreciates you. Is there any way you could take him to work and get his car? Or can he carpool with someone for a day? I hope it gets better hon! You need to take it easier this late in your pregnancy.

Also, let's face it. Sometimes husbands can be our extra baby....they're just not as cute.

jessandjonah
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Wow sounds like an a-hole to me. He needs a wake up call. My hubby got his when I packed myself and my so and went to my parents house for a week.

MrsRStewart
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Talk to him!

a wedding website

Rachie7987
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I'm sorry hun! Don't worry, I feel the same way. 32 weeks pregnant. Does everything around the house. When I ask for a favor like look after our son while I make dinner, it turns into a huge hassle.

When my husband finally did watch our son while i could cook, he just puts him down for a nap even though it screws with his nap schedule so bad. So an hour later, he was up because he didn't eat dinner when he should have been down for the night after dinner.

Where is my husband now? In bed sleeping. Where is our son, buzzing around the house.

And yes, tomorrow is garbage day and the garbage has NOT been taken out. I asked my husband to do it three times before he went to bed. Once after he went to bed. I guess I get to do the fun job!

Men suck.

mommyfixitall
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM

i think all men have a hard time understanding that it is not easy being home and taking care of 90% of the stuff. but tomorrow you will wake up and everything will fall into place and do it again. may in 50 years ill husbands will apparate us but im not holding my breath lol. good luck girl

kachinav4
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I'm really sorry that you are not getting the help that you need, and i wish that there was a way that I could help. I think that you need to sit his ass down and explain a few things to him about everything. It's really hard for a man to sit back and actaully think about how exhausting being a mother let a lone a late term pregnant mother  can be. When I was pregnant my dh helped me out alot. Yet stuff still didn't get done really. PERSONALLY I would continue to do the stuff for the chidlren and stop doing the stuff for him. HE can wash his uniform, and HE can make his lunch and HE can clean up after himself. If he doesn't then guess what, he goes hungry and he is wearing dirty cloths...NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

I can kind of see his issue with you not excepting him idea when it comes to his mother. He is trying to figure out a way that u can get to your appointment, and even if it's not the ideal way to get there on ur end it's still a way to make sure that you and the baby get checked out. 

mommytobe2290
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:18 PM

way to go

awesome! i would have totally done the same thing.

Quoting jessandjonah:

Wow sounds like an a-hole to me. He needs a wake up call. My hubby got his when I packed myself and my so and went to my parents house for a week.

JudeandLucy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:19 PM

That's what I'm doing. I was trying to find a way around that though since we'll have to leave here at 5:15am...ALL of us - 5 and 3 year old included. He's not even happy with that because my appointments at 3:30pm and "what if I get off at 3?" Well wth dude, I don't freaking know! I've re-scheduled this appointment twice now and I'm not doing it again.

I think my biggest issue is when I was pregnant with DD he was sooo sweet and attentive. He'd TELL me to take a nap everyday when he got home. With this one? Nada. This is the time when I (not to mention the baby) *need* to slow down. Not to mention, this should be my down time before the baby get's here.  

Quoting caiti:

Oh honey *hug* Douche needs to get it together. When he has a little parasite, then he can say he's too tired. Just stop doing it for a while, and then see if he appreciates you. Is there any way you could take him to work and get his car? Or can he carpool with someone for a day? I hope it gets better hon! You need to take it easier this late in your pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)