Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding: THIS is where we once were! What happened?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM
  • 474 Replies

Look at these women!  Not embarassed or ashamed at all, just feeding their babies.  Totally not a big deal.

It wasn't seen as "something dogs do" (thank you, woman who approached me I nursed in the grocery), it wasn't anything private or unnatural.  Just using your breasts.

So why now, is there all this uproar, and from WOMEN?  Women!  We, who should be each other's allies and support, tear each other down because "I don't want my son seeing THAT" or "Use a blanket, no one wants to see your breast".

We, who should want the best for all babies and mothers, would sneer and snark at a woman who dared to feed her child from her breasts, her designed-for-this, suddenly lactating breasts.  Why? 

When our great grandmothers bore their children, they nursed them with no shame, even pride at their beloved babies and their gift of the perfect food for their infant. 

I don't get it.  But, I am going to make an effort to STOP using a cover.  My baby hates it, I hate it, so you with a problem with it... ah well.  I suggest you take a moment to examine why you feel the way you do.

A half naked childless woman, well, that's just fashion.  A mother nursing her child?  Shame! Disgust! Someone give her a blanket and point her to the restroom!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalinzie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Amen!!!!

So what if you chose not to, or could not,  nurse your child. NIP is not intended to be a slap in the face, or a "hahaha Im a better mom than you."

Asking a mother to cover up or leave is a violationof her human rights.

Why does my toddler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

pisces_chick89
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM

use a blanket no one wants to see it lmao

****awaits patiently for Buffy to come and stake the Cullen freaks***

travsmom931
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM

clapping

pisces_chick89
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM

i feel bad for them they all look so tired...

****awaits patiently for Buffy to come and stake the Cullen freaks***

iheartmyshaman
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Men are pigs and have sexified everything about our bodies, that's what happened.

missbobbie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Amazing!!!!! But it will never happen again. We will never be able to nurse like that with out looks and stares form all the non breast feeders.

iheartmyshaman

BTW, top pick, little boy staring at the bfing mama's tit.  Lol!

Short_n_sass

You know I bf my son, but I always did it discreetly.

I don't think it is hard to do it discreetly, and the little extra effort goes a long way in how others feel.

Short_n_sass
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM

What is up with the expression on the ladies face on the right pic in the side by side pics?

MyStErIoUsWiFe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I think its great and beautiful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)