Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those with teenagers.....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever had to call the cops on your kid(s)?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Not yet. My ds did bring them home with him one evening. He had fun TPing someone's house till he got busted. That was loads of fun.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:40 PM

No, but I almost did the other night when my son didn't come home on time and it was dark.  He decided that since it was his birthday that he could just do whatever he wanted I guess.

jandyrodax
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Quoting sherry132:

Not yet. My ds did bring them home with him one evening. He had fun TPing someone's house till he got busted. That was loads of fun.

My husband and I called the cops on my 17 year old son today.

I had to leave this morning before the little ones woke up to pick my husband up from his truck and my son was watching the kids. When I get home they were awake and he didn't change their diaper from when they were sleeping over night.  He knows better! I raised my voice to him about it and he said "you make me so mad I want to slit your throat!!!!!!!". So, we called the cops. I didn't press charges this time, but I and the cops assured him if he ever says that to me again charges will be filed and he will go to jail.

jandyrodax
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM

bump

19deltamom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM

yes, I did..

Remmie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Yes, when we were in the middle of a custody battle...he was angry and his father was fueling his anger, he was acting like an ass and punched a wall.

He stopped when the officer asked me if I wanted to press charges...

But that comment your son said is a pretty scary. Have you had a lot of issues lately? Attitude...etc.?

jandyrodax
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Quoting Remmie:

Yes, when we were in the middle of a custody battle...he was angry and his father was fueling his anger, he was acting like an ass and punched a wall.

But that comment your son said is a pretty scary. Have you had a lot of issues lately? Attitude...etc.?

Mostly attitude issues, but that is nothing new with him. He's been in trouble in the past and I've called the cops on him in the past and filed charges on him in the past when he was young enough to go to juvenile and do so for 30 days. So, he knows I'm not playing around.

The scary part for me is that he is so very much like his bio dad and that is exactly what his dad did with his live in girlfriend and has now been in prison for 17 years for it.  

Remmie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I know this is not something you want to hear..(no parent would)...but, have you thought about getting him a psychiatric evaluation?

Has he ever threatened you before...I think threats need to be taken seriously, and he needs to know that threats are not ok

Quoting jandyrodax:

Quoting Remmie:

Mostly attitude issues, but that is nothing new with him. He's been in trouble in the past and I've called the cops on him in the past and filed charges on him in the past when he was young enough to go to juvenile and do so for 30 days. So, he knows I'm not playing around.

The scary part for me is that he is so very much like his bio dad and that is exactly what his dad did with his live in girlfriend and has now been in prison for 17 years for it.  

19deltamom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Do they have a scared straight program near you? When we lived at Ft. Stewart I put my daughter into the one the army had and it helped.It was for 2 weeks long.Broke my heart but I did it. Dropped her off at 0500 and picked her up at 1700She was great,  Until she turned 18 and thought she was old enough to do what she wanted. That was when she didn't come home on time and I called her and she said she would be home tomorrow, so I called the MP's and they went and got her. Which 18 is legally an adult, but they helped me out, I was crying and so upset. When she got home I had them take her finger print her and talk to her.. If she wants to stay out all night then they needed to show her what it would be like. Well, after that night she straightened up..

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:07 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)