Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I bit my baby today. Updates.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
  • 286 Replies

My son is 2, and honestly nothing works but physical discipline.

Today he hit his sister, right in front of me. I put him in time out, than made him go apologize.

He gets out of time out. Not 2 minutes later, I SEE him bite his sister. I pop him on the butt. Tell him no. Make him say he is sorry.....

So I sit down to look at cafemom and what do I see? He gets off of our couch. Walks over to the love seat and bites his sister. So I bit him. He cried and I asked him if it hurt. He said it did. Than I asked him if he would ever bite his sister again. He said no.

Than he walked over to his sister and started rubbing the spot where he bit her.

I must admit I feel like shit right now. He is my "baby" and I hate having to resort to things like that, but it is not fair to his sister to have to deal with him hurting her.  She even looked at me and said, "but mom, he is just a baby" so I know she won't hit him back.. (I have told her she can when he acts like this, but she won't unless he pushes her to her breaking point....)

Edit:

On my lunch break so won't be able to check this for a while...

1. I did not leave a mark, and I bit him lightly over his shirt, not even an indentation in his skin.

2. I laugh at all the time out suggestions... My son will sit there with a beaming smile on his face, and when his time out is over go do it again just to show me he can....

3. My son was over it in like 2 minutes. And to the people telling me not to let my daughter defend herself, I am sorry but she needs to learn that when her brother BULLIES her, it is okay to fight back.

4. I was paying active attention to the children. It was only the last incident when I was online checking the internet. He wasn't running around amok either, he was calmly sitting on the couch watching the one tv program a night they are allowed. He made the choice to get up and go bite his sister.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Hey, don't feel bad. Nothing works for my two. I can spank them and they continue doing what they want to do. My dd has bit my son before and I have yet to witness it, but if I do, you better beleive I will bite her back. I don't know what;s wrong with my two kids. who are 19 month and 2.5 y/o.

Short_n_sass
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Anyone else had to do that?

DanielleK21
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I DID THAT TO MY DD ABOUT A YEAR AGO SHE HAS NEVER BIT SINCE. SHES 2.5 NOW GOOD JOB MOMMY

SuthrnPrincess
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Been there done that.. Only one of mine bit and only twice.. The first time I explained to her that it was bad and not to do it.. The second time I bit her back (she bit me on the leg). She cried.. We talked.. She never did it again. She is almost 11 now. You got to do what you got to do.... Each child and each parent is different. I know you feel bad now momma but it will pass. Chin up! At least you are not sitting their allowing one child to physically assault the other and doing nothing about it... 

CoastieWifePR
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:05 PM

ugh I had to pinch my son once and another time I had to pull his hair (not nearly as hard as he did those things to me) to show him how much it hurts.  It didn't happen again, he was almost 3 at the time, and just like you I had tried already other punishments such as taking away toys, cartoons, candy, and a pop in the bottom.

Luna091306
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:06 PM

My ss used to bite until my SO bit him back. It worked!

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Geesh, I bite my ds and he thinks its hilarious.

AlyssaH87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM

That's sad :(

BaisMom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Good for you.

It's hard, but if it works, it works.

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Never had to do that, but be prepared for the mom's that will read this and say "oh my gosh you bit your child? CPS should come snatch him up because that's abuse!" I'm not sure if I would do that, but I remember when my sister and I were spitting at each other (we were 6 and 9) and my mom made us both take a bar of soap and wash our mouths out. I ever spat at anyone again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)