Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

booster seats

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
  • 16 Replies

my son is 28lb and 3 years old.all the booster seats i have seen says 30lb. i was thinking that when he hit the 30lb to switch him to a booster seat but not sure.anyone use it, when did you start, which one and do you like it?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljsmamma07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:06 PM

anyone???

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
JeanBee
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I have a car seat that harnesses to 65 #'s, so that's my plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want great home care products sent straight to your door? No shipping charge!
Ask me how I can save you time and money!
kimikylemama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM

You don't want to put him in a booster until you absolutely have to.  The longer they are in a 5pt harness the better, they are so much safer.  They now make 5pt harnesses that harness to 65 and even 80lbs.  The bare minimum is 40lbs AND 4yrs.

austinsm0mmy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Most states have a minimum recommendation of 4 years old AND 40lbs for a booster seat. 

If you son still fits in his harness I would just keep him harnessed young kids are really a LOT safer in a harness. 

Even though most booster do say from 30lbs the reality is most 30lb kids don't fit in booster properly which puts them in danger.

if you want more information PM me - or I can post some here on for you.

lizgriff
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Um I like the Graco Nautilus. It can harness and then turn into a booster for up to 100 lbs

JeanBee
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Really, they harness to 80 #'s now? I didn't know that.. Do you know which car seat(s)??

Quoting kimikylemama:

You don't want to put him in a booster until you absolutely have to.  The longer they are in a 5pt harness the better, they are so much safer.  They now make 5pt harnesses that harness to 65 and even 80lbs.  The bare minimum is 40lbs AND 4yrs.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM

my dd is a few months past 3 yrs old and only 30 lbs........ I am planning on getting a carseat that harnesses to 40 lbs and then it turns into a booster seat after that i think up to 80 lbs. What is his height and do you really think he would leave a seat belt on while in a moving car?

Here is a link to the one i am looking at but mine will be in a girly pattern.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1943168

kimikylemama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Britax has a frontier and I believe maybe one more and Sunshine Kids has one called Radian80.  There may be another one or two but I remember these two for sure.

Quoting JeanBee:

Really, they harness to 80 #'s now? I didn't know that.. Do you know which car seat(s)??

Quoting kimikylemama:

austinsm0mmy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I know this wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd answer

The Britax Regent, Britax Frontier and the Sunshine Radian 80 all harness to 80lbs

The Graco nautilus, First Years TrueFit, Britax marathon, boulevard, decathalon, Graco Myride65, and safeguard child seat, sunshine radian65, all harness to 65lbs

The Evenflo Triumph advance, and the NEW alpha omega elites harness to 50lbs.

Quoting JeanBee:

Quoting kimikylemama:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/babysafetravel

BabySafeTravel.com

The perfect family vacation starts with BabySafeTravel.com, where parents can share their experiences and find the best baby travel products at discount prices.

JeanBee
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Thank you both for the info!

Quoting austinsm0mmy:

I know this wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd answer

The Britax Regent, Britax Frontier and the Sunshine Radian 80 all harness to 80lbs

The Graco nautilus, First Years TrueFit, Britax marathon, boulevard, decathalon, Graco Myride65, and safeguard child seat, sunshine radian65, all harness to 65lbs

The Evenflo Triumph advance, and the NEW alpha omega elites harness to 50lbs.

Quoting JeanBee:

Quoting kimikylemama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)