• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you sit down and play with your child everyday?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM
  • 38 Replies

I ask this cause now that i have a newborn, i feel as if i dont give my  3 1/2 year old much attention like i use to and the past 3 days she has been so not listening to me,  i have a feeling it is cause she needs more attention.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parkerkamismom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Aw, jealousy.  I went through the same type of thing when my daughter came along. Thankfully daddy stepped up and took care of our son - took him outside, etc.  I couldn't spend the quality time that I did before the baby.  I also let my son help out - like feed her, get me a diaper or her blanket, etc.  And, whens he took naps, instead of resting myself, we played or read a book or whatever.

It's not easy, but everything levels out in time.  It will get better, I promise. 

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Right now I do, but I know I wont be able to when DS is born. Ive been making SO take over some of the duties with DD... I thought it would be a relief, but now I feel left out. I know DD is going to feel left out when DS gets here... I dont know what im going to do. I wont be able to give her the attention I do now, especially when im recovering, but luckily my mom will be here for a couple of days and I have SO all afternoon, so she will still get attention from SOMEONE, but its just not going to be me and that makes me really sad...

kmsmommy430
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM

yes i do

i am 23 yr old military wife mother of one ds and i have an 18 yr old adopted daughter. i am a non spanking, vaxing, non cio, erf, organic feeding , juice limiting, smokeing, dispossible diaper useing mom , who cant stand people telling me how to raise my ds. if you dont like what i do then dont do it with yours. i didnt marry you or have babys with you so  ill do it my way and you do it yours.

air forceteen girltoddler boy

DanielleK21
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I DONT KNOW CAUSE I ONLY HAVE 1 CHILD BUT I WILL FIND OUT MID AUGUST WHEN WE HAVE OUR SECOND. GOOD LUCK MOMMY. 

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM

My DD likes to play alone all the time, I'm a nuisance to her  :(

Ilovemyson51508
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM

yea i do but thats because Ds has alot of medical issues and we arent sure how long he will be with us i make the most out of every moment but thats because i have to.....dont take the lil ones for granted 

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I try but I really don't like being maimed lol.  My DS won't let me play with him if I sit down on the floor without him initiating it.  He throws things and gets violent.  If he wants me to play with him he will come over to me and give me hugs and kisses.  Then I get down on the floor to play with him. 

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, ERF, EH, formula feeding, self weaning, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one, that includes you.

carol119
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM

It is hard but I still do.  My 6 year old is fine with me just coloring with him or drawing with him and my 5 year old just likes to look and books or have me watch him and help him play with his DS.  Sometimes it is the littlest things that you can do to show them that they are still your babies too.

PatriciaofMN

I do :)   

Love Of My Life!

EmmysMom85

I play with my daughter everyday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)