Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for another good read :)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM
  • 36 Replies

I love anything written by Jodi Picoult. I just got done reading My Sister's Keeper which exceeded my expectations. Who's your favorite Author?  Can you recommend an awesome read (other then twilight and Harry Potter)?

Miscarriage Awareness Pictures, Images and PhotosI love my daughter Pictures, Images and Photosblinkies Pictures, Images and Photosbarbie Pictures, Images and Photosblinkies Pictures, Images and PhotosBLINKIES Pictures, Images and PhotosBLINKIES Pictures, Images and Photosblinkies Pictures, Images and Photos
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:30 PM

My fav's..  Laurell K Hamilton, Charlaine Harris & Patricia Briggs...  I've been looking for more, but haven't had the time b/c of school..  :(

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:31 PM

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  Excellent series. 

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, ERF, EH, formula feeding, self weaning, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one, that includes you.

mstnbecki

Is my Sister keeper good? I want to go see the movie,I didnt even know there was a book or I would have read it already.I have no favorite authors really I just see a book that intrest me and I read it.

amb_josh

My fav is James Patterson

momofboys631
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I like Good In Bed & the book that follows is Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. GREAT GREAT Reads!

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

reelo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Philippa Gregory wrote a whole series on the wives of Henry the VII (Including The Other Boylen Girl but starting wih Queen Katherine and she has Mary, Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots) and all are really good.  The Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries by Charlaine Harris are a Fun series (if you can handle vamps with humor). 

hipmama185
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:33 PM

A really good one is the Kite Runner, very powerful. Right now I am reading  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.... seems good so far. I also love all Jane Ausen, can't pass up a classic romance :)

gnr
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I loved it :)

Quoting mstnbecki:

Is my Sister keeper good? I want to go see the movie,I didnt even know there was a book or I would have read it already.I have no favorite authors really I just see a book that intrest me and I read it.

Miscarriage Awareness Pictures, Images and PhotosI love my daughter Pictures, Images and Photosblinkies Pictures, Images and Photosbarbie Pictures, Images and Photosblinkies Pictures, Images and PhotosBLINKIES Pictures, Images and PhotosBLINKIES Pictures, Images and Photosblinkies Pictures, Images and Photos
AJSMOMMY0508
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Those are really good books!  I forgot about those lol.  Probably because I don't own them yet.  OP another really good series is the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. 

Quoting reelo:

Philippa Gregory wrote a whole series on the wives of Henry the VII (Including The Other Boylen Girl but starting wih Queen Katherine and she has Mary, Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots) and all are really good.  The Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries by Charlaine Harris are a Fun series (if you can handle vamps with humor). 

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, ERF, EH, formula feeding, self weaning, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one, that includes you.

Meli55a2001
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I like Nicholas Sparks, David Baldacci, Janet Evanovich, Sue Grafton, James Patterson, and Danielle Steel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)