Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do people really steal these from cars/trucks??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

My dh went out to game stop when he got home from the store he noticed a missing cap from the wheel. Now I'm looking online to buy one and they have tons on ebay from all types of vehicles and they are used and only sell one . WTF? Do you think people steal these to get money out of it?????? Ridiculous if they do!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:47 PM

People will steal anything to make a buck. It's really sad.

Are you a proud preemie mom of a NICUGRADUATE? Click on my NICU blinkie to meet other moms of preemies just like you.

ErikaM27
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Quoting azn_ladie82:

People will steal anything to make a buck. It's really sad.

We're assuming that it was popped out it's really easy to just get a screw and pop it out and that was the rear tire,the one in the front my dh said was loose like they didn't finish. Who knows. ufff.

nurbabe82
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Yes its sad but true. My friend went to bed with 4 matching hub caps and woke up to find that one of them was missing. She wished that they had taken all 4 b/c she said now I have to drive around with only 3 and I'm not taking the other 3 off. LOL.

Leeloo309
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Hubcap? lol! sometimes they fall off.

~Leeloo

CarterMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:52 PM

i'm sure people do... but i've lost mine when driving down the road sometimes too lol 

gdrager
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM

It happened to my sister too! She had a chevy blazer and they stole the caps on that. Its crazy what some people will do.

neenerashley
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:55 PM

All mine were takin off my Cadi. Its like an 89 so the Rims/hubs are hard to come by.

mrsJLA
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:56 PM

When I lived in Philly, I saw ppl in my apartment complex get entire wheels stolen - rims, tires and all - car was left jacked up on cinder blocks.... yeah I moved not too long after that thankfully!

ErikaM27
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Quoting Leeloo309:

Hubcap? lol! sometimes they fall off.

yeah i'd know that,it was just a question ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)