Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever seen a hole in the ear lobe like this?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

I dont have a real picture but a friend of mine has a child in her daycare that has a small hole in the outter lobe on each ear. it looks just like a piercing, has anyone ever seen this?

by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitch576
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM

it looks like a trigis piercing. it's genetic

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

hhickey
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I have never seen this, but I did it to myself once on accident.  When I was in the third grade I managed to run into a pole (don't ask, I was being stupid) and knocked myself out.  Somehow I managed to poke a hole right there with my earring!?!?!?  Weird and it hurt like he!!

Here is a BUMP for ya though.

AFWifeNMom
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I have only seen this as a piercing, i assume that since this is a child in her daycar that the child does NOT have this pierced, so i have no idea what this could be, but here is a bump for you

Lilypie

Lilypie
dfearless
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My son has those on both of his ears.  Some children are just born with them.

workinghorse
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I have one.  It's genetic.

My ENT described it one time as an extra part of a eustation tube.  Kids should be encouraged not to pick at them, or ever put anything in it.  Once in a while mine will drain a little if I have a stuffy head.

mitch576
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:28 AM

it's genetic... like the opposite of skin tags.  or...the child has skin tags removed.  that is a common area to have skin tags on children

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

I have only seen this as a piercing, i assume that since this is a child in her daycar that the child does NOT have this pierced, so i have no idea what this could be, but here is a bump for you

Ft.Stewart_wife
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I have that. but mine is farther up. My dad, little bro, and my son have it.  I use to tell people i pierced my brain and thats where the stud was but that i had to take it out.  haha   Its just a genetic thing....nothing to worry about. I think its awesome that i passed it down to my son. It helps make us unique!

triciee0729
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 9:20 PM

cool guys thank you so much.

mitch576
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM

we have the "familia hemangioma"

my brother, sister, myself and all three of my children...all have the same exact birth mark.

Quoting Ft.Stewart_wife:

I have that. but mine is farther up. My dad, little bro, and my son have it.  I use to tell people i pierced my brain and thats where the stud was but that i had to take it out.  haha   Its just a genetic thing....nothing to worry about. I think its awesome that i passed it down to my son. It helps make us unique!

katiegirl
by Katie on Jun. 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Interesting! I have never seen anything like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)