Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG....they stole my bacon!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM
  • 21 Replies

Soo I am working my desk job at the police department - I am confined here due to injury.  This is the phone call I just got....

Guy: I need to file charges against Target! 

Me: What happened?

Guy:  They stole food from me!  The guy didn't put my canadian bacon in the bag after I already paid for everything, and when I called back they refused to deliver it to my house.

Me: I'm sorry they made that mistake.  I don't think Target delivers food.  Can you pick it up?

Guy: They won't let me because they close at 10!

Me: I would recommend that you call and speak to their staff and explain the situation.  Perhaps you can go back in the morning and pick it up.

Guy: No!  Why should I have to do that?  It was them!  And he stole it!  I want to file a theft report.

Me: I'm sorry, but accidentally forgetting to put something in a shopping bag is not theft.  To prove theft you have to prove intent to permanently deprive the owner of the item.

Guy:  You can't prove that it wasn't intentional! I'm going to sue them! He did it on purpose, I could tell.

Me: I'm sorry, but it does not meet the elements of a theft.  If you are unhappy with their service I would call their corporate office or speak with a manager.

Guy: So this is the kind of help I get from my police department?  You are all a bunch of crooks!  You are in bed with the big corporations!  I'm ashamed to live in this town!  You're in cahoots with Target!  They are ripping off working citizens!  I want my bacon!  *Click*
eye rolling
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchid404
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Holy  Cow, that must have been a fun call!

First_One_8_18

Oh man, that is so awesome! How did you not laugh?!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi
AJmum

I have no idea how you guys keep a straight face during calls like that!

laughing

Smartypants2008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:35 AM

OMG LMAO... Can you say crazy?  You have more patience than I do... Thanks for the laugh!

Chrystal_A
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Aww poor guy just wants what all of us want..a lil meat!!lol wow what an idiot!

gagegang
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I can totally see a dog on the other side of the phone right now...that would be a great commercial ....lmao

rebabeach2
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Wow. I mean, I like a good slab of pig from time to time too, but just, wow. 

Tinks88
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM

OMG wow there are some pretty uhhh unique people out there in the world... 

fakeitg00d
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM

i would of said really dumbass go to food lion and buy more. it doesnt cost to much

[4.10.08]forever and ever

cmb121906
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Too bad there isn't laws against stupidity!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)