Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kind of a silly question... but.

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:12 AM
  • 13 Replies

What is the most polite way to get your toddler to quit asking questions....  or after about 4 hours of talking your ear off to get him to stop?!  lol!

I LOVE to talk to my son, but sometimes.....  *sigh*  I just need a little quiet time.  KWIM?

Surely I'm not the ONLY Mom here in dire need of this 'quiet time' am I?

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vinsmomma
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM

HAHHAHAHA OMG i go through this like every day and I just tell him please be quiet mommy needs some quiet time and that usually works for a few mins.. Usually if I give him something to occupy him it keeps him quiet too.. Or I tell him to go play.. lol  BUT YES sometimes you just need soe quiet time!!

cpmomof2
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:17 AM

When you figure it out let me know..my now 8 yr old daughter hasn't stopped talking or asking me ?'s since she was 2 lol... She goes on and on, I love her to death but sometimes a little quiet time would be nice

nemiller
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:17 AM

lol... my son's not talking yet, but he jabbers all the time and wants my attention all the dang time.  so, i send him on little errands.  i sit on the couch and ask him to bring me the sippy cup, keys, particular toy, etc.  it'll keep him busy for 10 or 15 minutes, which is plenty of time for me to collect my sanity.

llmom1921
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:19 AM

LOL!!  Usually after about that time I just say........ "FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, DO YOU EVER STOP TALKING????"   

Have you tried music???  My monster mouth of daughter can talk my freaking ear off.... but if we are in the car, and I put in a Taylor Swift, Hannah Montana, or High School Musical CD...  she for once will be quiet.  LOL!

Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker
Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker

soccer-3.gifl_fb2303c6f2d4aacba866db4761f405e1.gif picture by llmom1921

HeatherMae55
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Quoting nemiller:

lol... my son's not talking yet, but he jabbers all the time and wants my attention all the dang time.  so, i send him on little errands.  i sit on the couch and ask him to bring me the sippy cup, keys, particular toy, etc.  it'll keep him busy for 10 or 15 minutes, which is plenty of time for me to collect my sanity.

O. M. G! 

So that is why my Mom and Dad constantly sent me on errands when I was little... jeez - and I WAS a TALKER!!

My poor parents...

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

brennajoy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:20 AM

LMAO your gay marriage siggy is hilarious!

Who is a Veteran?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve -
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable
to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including
my life." That is an honor, and there are way too many people in this
country who no longer understand it. Author unknown

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:21 AM

It sounds like you need to play the quiet game... the first one who talks loses!

earthtone
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:22 AM

This is totally my problem, too. I can listen to an extent. After awhile, I'm like, under my breath of course, "just shut the hell up already kid".  But then out loud I say to her that I am trying to listen to the radio or  watch t.v. and I can not hear it because she is asking me so many questions which is a distraction. She normally gives me a break, at least for 10 minutes and then she's back at it again. I love talking to my daughter but I feel the same way you do, I just need a break sometimes. I feel like she makes me think too hard ALL the time.  I think that this is just a toddler's nature. We can't do anything about it but hope that they grow out of it soon....lol

HeatherMae55
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:25 AM

lol!  Music doesn't usually keep him occupied long.

I've tried to turn on cartoons.. but I get "what they doing mommy?"  "What happened?"  "They bad guys mommy?"   God forbid I try to ignore the questions.. then he gets in my face about it "Mommy!  Mommy!  Mommy talk me!!  Talk me Mommy!!!"  Then I feel guilty because he just wants to talk to his Mommy.  :(

Quoting llmom1921:

LOL!!  Usually after about that time I just say........ "FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, DO YOU EVER STOP TALKING????"   

Have you tried music???  My monster mouth of daughter can talk my freaking ear off.... but if we are in the car, and I put in a Taylor Swift, Hannah Montana, or High School Musical CD...  she for once will be quiet.  LOL!

earthtone
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:25 AM

NO!!!! Please don't tell me that I have to deal with this for another 3 years lol lol....

Quoting cpmomof2:

When you figure it out let me know..my now 8 yr old daughter hasn't stopped talking or asking me ?'s since she was 2 lol... She goes on and on, I love her to death but sometimes a little quiet time would be nice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)