Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To The Greatest Daddies In The World That Were:(

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM
  • 4 Replies

You know even though I have a hubby and i should have known it was father's day but really in all reality i had no clue.  i was talking to an old friend today on im and she was talking about getting her dad something and i asked the dumb question "why is it his birthday?" and she said "no silly its father's day'  i had no clue.  there are 4 days that i feel said when it comes to him.  the last day i saw him, the day after xmas, his birthday, nov 20, fathers day obviously today and the day he passed valentines day.  i also hate that holiday.  any ways i wanted to share to the world that although hard on my older brother cause he didnt want him to grow up to be the punk that he is, he was a great dad.  the song "daddy's hand" is him all the way. 

"daddy's hands were soft and kind when i was crying, daddy's hands were hard as steal when i'd done wrong.  daddy's hand weren't always gentle but i've come to understand there was always love in daddy's hands"

ok now i am crying but i loved this man with every inch of my soul and it is hard to think of his life no more. 

one time i was talking with a friend and her dad never wanted her and she cried about that.  then she made a remark that my dad was gone not because he wanted to be gone but he had no choice.  that broke my heart, so her pain is more justifiable cux she never had him?  it is hard in both instances.  and i am sorry for her pain.

he was the oldest of 5 boys, plenty neices and nephews, 4 kids, 2boys and 2 girls, although my parents were divorced he still loved my mom.  he sent her cards and called her every valentines day.  and he lived far from us but he still drove those hrs to pick us up over summer break, christmas any chance he could.  he called us and sent cards and the little money he had for our birthday's.  he never forgot us.  when we found out he had cancer, we were told he had at least a yr.  6mths later he was gone.  he died alone and was not found for 3 days.  the cops had to beat his door down.  in his poosessions were 2 watches and 2 bracelets.  on the back of the those items said "love dad"  a gift we never recieved from him. 

i just want to give a shout out to all the great dad's out there who were taken to soon. and i am sorry for loss.  please if you have a story to share than please do,  i wish to hear them

and thanks and sorry so long

R.I.P. Mark Steven

11/20/1952-2/14/1995

R.I.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tiffini06
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:26 AM

im sorry. I dont know what its like to loose a parent but my mom last her dad when she was 7, he was 34 and died of a massive heart attack. She never talks about him and i know it hurts her to think about.

hayliedlr
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM

he was also on disability and walked with a cane.  and i still remember when he would be at a service desk or whatever and he would put it in his back pocket

i'm the lil blond girl and mom was pregnant with my sis

NadiasMommy427
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:32 AM

This is my Daddy amd my mommy. My father died FEB 2003 and my mom died Dec16, 2004 Happy fathers day Daddy 

mommyofblueyes
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM

I am sorry, I do know how it feels to lose a parent.  Feburary 5, 1989 my father passed away in Korea.  I was about 5 years old, so I have only a few memories of him, 3 of which I remember very well.  It is hard losing a loved one.  Fathers day used to be a hard day for me, but now I have my own reason to celebrate....my husband is such a wonderful father!!

this is the only pic I have of him on my laptop, it is from his obiturary...

army

bug.gif moving bug image by POORBOYZX7R

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)