Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Caleb (SBS case?)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM
  • 21 Replies

Gosh, it's been FOREVER, but does anyone know whats going on with that family any more? I can't even remember their names, or anything, just that there sons name was caleb and he had SBS pretty bad, and everyone was accusing the mom...

SOOOOOOOOOO???

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM

The baby was Kaleb Schwade. The mom, Kristy Reynolds. The accused, the babysitter, Rebecca Saunders. The babysitter is scheduled to go to trial in July from what I have read. I don't think the babysitter is guilty. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

ThunderKitten
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Yeah- he has a little brother now that is almost as big as him!!!

anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Oh my gosh! That is so sad!!! I feel bad for Kaleb, seriously!!! It breaks my heart!!! I didn't know if they had gone to trial yet or not, so thanks girls for filling me in! :) I hope this all turns out the way it should!

Quoting ThunderKitten:

Yeah- he has a little brother now that is almost as big as him!!!

mrswhitey07
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Quoting cdgoldilocks:

The baby was Kaleb Schwade. The mom, Kristy Reynolds. The accused, the babysitter, Rebecca Saunders. The babysitter is scheduled to go to trial in July from what I have read. I don't think the babysitter is guilty. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Why don't you think the babysitter is guilty? You do know that if the mother or father were even considered a suspect at any time they wouldn't have been anywhere near that baby.

What information do you have that implicates anyone but the babysitter?

OP, I have been on the mother's myspace since the incident became a myspace topic, and I have read each and every blog entry. The baby is getting better and imrpoving in ways they never thought he would. Kaleb has a little brother named Kason and they are doing great for each other.
It's a sad story and we will learn so much more once the case makes it to trial. She has never been able to defend herself or explain why specifically the babysitter is the only suspect. This is because it could be damaging to the case.

You can look up Kristy Schwade on myspace. I don't know if she is still adding people because of all the hate mail she was getting.

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Quoting mrswhitey07:

Quoting cdgoldilocks:

Why don't you think the babysitter is guilty? You do know that if the mother or father were even considered a suspect at any time they wouldn't have been anywhere near that baby.

What information do you have that implicates anyone but the babysitter?

OP, I have been on the mother's myspace since the incident became a myspace topic, and I have read each and every blog entry. The baby is getting better and imrpoving in ways they never thought he would. Kaleb has a little brother named Kason and they are doing great for each other.
It's a sad story and we will learn so much more once the case makes it to trial. She has never been able to defend herself or explain why specifically the babysitter is the only suspect. This is because it could be damaging to the case.

You can look up Kristy Schwade on myspace. I don't know if she is still adding people because of all the hate mail she was getting.

I have known about this case since one month after it happened. I had a bulletin send to my myspace page. I normally ALWAYS give the mom the benefit of the doubt, but there was just too many red flags for me to ignore. There were a lot of messages on her page with dates deliniating when Kaleb was sick, lots of pictures that just didn't sit right with me. You have to understand, I have been a nurse for 10 years. I have seen people in just about every state of grief you can imagine. Those pictures were just......not right. I showed some of my nurse friends, some NICU, etc.....every one of them thought she wasn't acting right and didn't look like a mother who had a baby shaken by a MONSTER.

There was also a brother that had information about the extent of the bleeding, the MRI results, etc. Kaleb had gone to the pediatrician AFTER being picked up sick by the aunt from the babysitter. From what I have read, Kaleb didn't start showing signs until 2 days later. From the severity of the bleed, IMO it had to happen MUCH sooner if the babysitter had to be the one who shook him. It would not have taken two days.

Now, I hear that there is conflicting information regarding the timeline. I guess we shall see. I just have a funny feeling about Kristy. I don't ignore my hunches.

Oh, one other thing. There were quite a few people who immediately came to Rebecca's side when this happened. She had quite a few parents who had their children in her care that had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. The babysitter (Rebecca) has 3 kids of her own. She seems less likely to shake her baby than maybe the mother or baby's father.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

squidlife4me
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Are you talking about Kaleb Schwade?  They are still in court. He is still living and still severely brain damaged. She just had another baby... they are all doing well and still in Florida.

preggomomof2
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Here's a link to his mom's myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/kristyreynolds

pregnancy calendar

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Quoting squidlife4me:

Are you talking about Kaleb Schwade?  They are still in court. He is still living and still severely brain damaged. She just had another baby... they are all doing well and still in Florida.

Yes, the trial has not started yet.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM

In addition to all that Goldi has said Kristy is back to raising cash for "Kaleb".

She is a loser. Even if she is NOT guilty...she is still a dumb bitch in my book.

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

In addition to all that Goldi has said Kristy is back to raising cash for "Kaleb".

She is a loser. Even if she is NOT guilty...she is still a dumb bitch in my book.

And now her myspace page is public again. She is attention seeking. There was a LOT of drama regarding making her page private. Then, she turns around and makes it public. I think she is doing this because the trial is getting ready to start next month AND she is looking for donations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)