Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Percocet

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

Any body ever been addicted? Im afraid of it. But in the last 2 months I have taken a few pills here and there from my mom for pain in my foot(old injuries). I love the way they make me feel! The pain goes away, Im in a great mood, and I have energy. I get things done because I can stand and walk longer. I dont think I'd ever get any from my doctor, but I have been thinking bad thoughts lately , like I want to grab a few when shes not looking to take everyday so I feel this good.

Im on meds for depression and they dont even make me feel this way. Wish they did !

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Percocet is nothing to be played around with. I wouldn't take it unless I had a prescription myself. It's never safe to take anyone else's pain meds. I had a cousin that took some of my mom's Oxy and almost died because the dose was too strong for her.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

NewMom304
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM

It is an opiate, which can be addictive.  I actually hate percocet.  It makes me drowsy and gives me bad dreams. 

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I agree here. I used to takeOxyContin and Kalonopin for recreational use.. it didnt turn out good.

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

Percocet is nothing to be played around with. I wouldn't take it unless I had a prescription myself. It's never safe to take anyone else's pain meds. I had a cousin that took some of my mom's Oxy and almost died because the dose was too strong for her.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Shanamaria
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Percocet makes my stomach hurt and I get all sweaty and itchy but I can take vicodin like candy lol.  I hurt my back and the 40 the doctors gave me lasted quite a while they were my own personal pick me up for a few weeks.    I had that same feeling when I ran out but over time it goes away! 

“It’s better to beg forgiveness than ask permission”~Grace Hopper
EclecticBroad
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

You need to be under doctor's supervision with Percocet.  Amuse the thought then drop it.  I've been mildly addicted, and it was hell.  The doctor helped me wean off of it.  I occasionally have to take it due to my back.  Really, just don't.  There's lots of things you can take for pain.  You aren't after the pain relief.  You are after the high...and trust me after so long...the high isn't there.  You build up tolerance.

Talk to your doctor about your pain.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I'm a recovering addict. I was addicted to Dilaudid, Vicodin, Percocets, Tramadol, Fentanyl patches...anything and everything I could get my hands on.

I lost a lot of years of my life, and missed out on some irreplaceable moments with my children because of my addiction.

It's not a road you want to go down. If you think you have a problem, get help now. Any level of abuse, even if you think it's a small problem, can escalate into something uncontrollable.

Good luck :)

Sheley
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM

They give me a really bad headache so no.

wendy1978
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Quoting msmoody:

I'm a recovering addict. I was addicted to Dilaudid, Vicodin, Percocets, Tramadol, Fentanyl patches...anything and everything I could get my hands on.

I lost a lot of years of my life, and missed out on some irreplaceable moments with my children because of my addiction.

It's not a road you want to go down. If you think you have a problem, get help now. Any level of abuse, even if you think it's a small problem, can escalate into something uncontrollable.

Good luck :)

Thanks. Thats my biggest fear. I was in love with someone who had a problem w/rx drugs, and I was tough on him. I saw what it did to him. And thought I was stronger than that. Never took drugs before, guess now I can understand how easy it can be to get hooked.

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Please get help. Percocet is not a drug you should be taking for recreational use. I've only taken Perc. once, after a major surgery that I had last November and it knocked me flat on my ass it was so strong. The pain wasn't there, so it helped with that, but I cannot imagine taking it for any reason other than it being a pain RX.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM

The doctor gave me some after my surgery,I was having nightmares something awful..... seeing people that weren't there. I called to get a different medication. I don't want to take any thing in my body that's going to make me feel like that. I was given motrin 800mg. instead.

Quoting NewMom304:

It is an opiate, which can be addictive.  I actually hate percocet.  It makes me drowsy and gives me bad dreams. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)