Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Modeling?? Help please :)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

My family has wanted my daughter to do a little modeling from when she was born, but I've never been into that sort of thing.  But she's now 5, and she LOVES the camera, posing, pictures, dressing up, etc.  And I think it might be fun for her... but I only want small, local things.  Nothing big, because I don't want to get into all that.  I just want it to be fun for her.  So for those moms who have their child in modeling, how do you get started?  Where would be the first place to go?  I have no clue where to start and I don't want to go to those scammers and shell out a ton of money. Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Here are a few pictures of my baby...

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySayz
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM

usually places like sears, jcpenny, ect have scouting events. a lot of times kids who have potential are snagged when they go in for pictures. good luck.

Silvia1011
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Quoting MommySayz:

usually places like sears, jcpenny, ect have scouting events. a lot of times kids who have potential are snagged when they go in for pictures. good luck.

Thank you!!  Good idea :)

LEJOLIE
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM

my nephew was a baby gap model,fileens ,and jc penny. He got strted here by sending in regular pics w/age height  etc (stats ) and phone number.

http://www.irenemarie.com/

Silvia1011
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Quoting LEJOLIE:

my nephew was a baby gap model,fileens ,and jc penny. He got strted here by sending in regular pics w/age height etc (stats ) and phone number.

http://www.irenemarie.com/

Thank you :)

SilverOcean84
by Cindy on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM

You can try a few pageants there is always at least one scout at the state or national level.  My daughter love pageants and we had a few friends get offers from scouts who watched them on stage in all events and some watch talent as well.  My daughter is trying to get noticed but she enjoys the practice. At least the scouts at the pageants are real and not a scammer. Just for one to be there they need to contact the director and prove to them their work and stuff. Try one out and have fun and good luck! Oh and one last thing if you do glitz style (the whole fake hair tanning and makeup) there is always more scouts there. Also making up a composite card helps when going from one agent to another, This is one I use for my daughter

GreenMtGirl
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

a friend of mines daughter used to model.. 

they started with local stores.. Local stores can use local kids for their ads..

then they did get an agent and had bookings in New York City...It is a tough market..    I remember my friend traveling to New York  to do tryouts ... One of the nice things going your way is that your daughter looks ethnic.  My friend's daughter looked ethnic and so was able to get in to some things easier..  the casting people were looking for ethnic kids..

good luck

Silvia1011
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Quoting SilverOcean84:

You can try a few pageants there is always at least one scout at the state or national level. My daughter love pageants and we had a few friends get offers from scouts who watched them on stage in all events and some watch talent as well. My daughter is trying to get noticed but she enjoys the practice. At least the scouts at the pageants are real and not a scammer. Just for one to be there they need to contact the director and prove to them their work and stuff. Try one out and have fun and good luck! Oh and one last thing if you do glitz style (the whole fake hair tanning and makeup) there is always more scouts there. Also making up a composite card helps when going from one agent to another, This is one I use for my daughter

I was trying to stay out of pageants, but I'll look at all my options :)  Thanks for replying!

cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM

It should never cost you money initially, except for obvious things like picture and outfits etc. If a scout asks for an upfront fee, don't except it. For modeling, they want the child to look as natural as possible. Very minimal make-up if any when you are taking head shots of her.

Silvia1011
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Quoting GreenMtGirl:

a friend of mines daughter used to model..

they started with local stores.. Local stores can use local kids for their ads..

then they did get an agent and had bookings in New York City...It is a tough market.. I remember my friend traveling to New York to do tryouts ... One of the nice things going your way is that your daughter looks ethnic. My friend's daughter looked ethnic and so was able to get in to some things easier.. the casting people were looking for ethnic kids..

good luck

That's what I was thinking of doing, and that's kind of all we really want to do at the moment.  Just local stores/ads.  I just don't know how to get into those stores for modeling... do I call and ask them? lol

bananaapplepie
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM

wekk i cant help u but htese ladies have helped me too lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)