Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let me set the record straight.... yes its one of THOSE posts...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM
  • 90 Replies
P.A. its not how you may think it is. its not just a cake walk. to be on pa they have you do a lot of stuff... it may just be for me, but im not just allowed to sit home and collect. i have to wake up at 5am monday through thursday to go to this job club place at 7am i dont get to go home until 4:30pm. at this place they help us do resumes, applications, get us interview clothes, shoes stuff like that. since my son is lo longer sick all the time so i dont have to be with him, they are having me start this thing called...WEX... Stands for work experience...what that is is.. i go to work every day... for FREE.. yes free i dont get paid... the only pay i get is from the state at the beginning of the month.. and for me that is $689.. so look at it this way.. im going to be going to a full time job, meaning 8 hours a day 5 days a week for only $689 a month.. thats less?than $2 dollars?an hour im going to get paid... so for all of you who think ppl who get pa just sit home all day and collect.. its not always true... now this may just be in californoa, idk, but thats how it is here... im definately not just sitting on my ass collecting... and for those of you wondering why i dont just go get a job... nobody is hiring here, the job they are giving me is through social services filing papers n stuff... i am currently job searching but with no luck.... sorry i just had to set the record straight, im tired of reading posts about how pa moms just sit on their asses... i wish i could...

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Yeah...but when you combine that will all your other PA benefits you are actually making a lot more.

And I personally know a few people that just sit on their hiney all day and collect...So while I don't group all people as "lazy welfare people"...I am also not going to believe for one second that everyone on welfare is working and trying to better themselves.

dreamerinluv
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Wow...less than $2 an hr......uncle sam sure is a tight ass....LOL...but good point......

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

sunshine21pa

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Yeah...but when you combine that will all your other PA benefits you are actually making a lot more.

And I personally know a few people that just sit on their hiney all day and collect...So while I don't group all people as "lazy welfare people"...I am also not going to believe for one second that everyone on welfare is working and trying to better themselves.

I agree!

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I am proud of you for doing whatever necessary to get off PA (going to the classes and applying for work), but the majority of those on PA do not do those things - many areas do not require it.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

gagegang

I dont care if anyone is on pa.  I do have a friend though who just drives me nuts sometimes. She complains all the time about how much paper work and time she has to spend waiting to get it.  They eat better then we do, and I would love some ribs and steak, I just cant afford it.

sent4u5041
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM

My best friend in the world is on PA and she works her ass off. She is only allowed to make so much money a month though before she will lose her benefits but I know she works to get that. But I also know many people who do just sit on their asses all day and refuse to work. My step sis is 23 about to have her 3rd kid and keeps having them and each time the money she gets goes up. She doesn't work and refuses too and when she does she will work for like a week then quit.

Tired of working for a boss who will always make more money then you will? Tired of spending hundreds at discount stores only to get nothing in return? Do you want to be able to work from home and be with your babies and make enough money on your own to do that? Do you want to own your own business? If you answered yes to any of these questions ask me what you need to do and find out the answer that millions already know!

CafeMom Tickers
cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I think that's great. You should have to take resume builder classes etc. I think this is the way it should be.

25beengoodtome
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Be grateful, they're giving you some administrative, clerical skills. Much better than the type of training/  occupational rehab offered to many of my fellow brain injury survivors.We were given an opportunity to stuff envelopes fo P.E.T.A. ( we'd be given a vegitarian lunch for 4 hours work.) Another job opportunity we were "trained" for (by volluntary work) was janitorial work. - cage cleaning at an animal shelter was another skill we were offered to train for. My dissabilities, left-side is paralyzed took me off any manual labor. Mopping hallways and gymnasium floors was just not  possible, once my right side began to get arthritic.

add_chase
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Here in Pennsylvania they have those job classes too, but is not required if you're a SAHM with a disabled child or one with a disorder, which is the case with me. DH does work though, 7 days a week. And I did babysitting for a while and I do some work at home stuff on the computer to help contribute in some way

CafeMom Tickers
momof4boyz1girl
by Diamond Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM

No need to explain yourself...you know what you do and that's all that matters. Yes, there are people on PA that are lazy and don't do anything, but everyone cannot be lumped into that category. You do what works for you and don't worry about what others think, especially on here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)