Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah, uh, happy father's day..

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

My SO had to leave today for a freakin mission. Uggh. Seems like here lately they pick THE most inconvenient time for him to be sent out. I had the whole day planned and then he gets a last minute call, "Oh btw, you leave Sunday". EARLY Sunday so its not like we could have even done anything before he left. Elijah has never got to spend a Father's day with his dad. Oh well, guess thats military life tho.. :(

Twilight-Icons   

Instead of a prince with a horse, I'd rather have a Vampire with a Volvo. :)

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Eh, postpone it until next week. That's what I would have done.

WifeyandMommy89
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I'm sorry momma...

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I understand how you feel. My husband is never home for holidays...seriously. The past 3 years he has missed Valentines Day...my birthday....his birthday...

I could go on and on.

We just always have a "Holiday" when he gets home...where we celebrate all the days we missed.

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Yeah, luckily its just like the smaller ones, my birthday, Father's Day, Mother's day. We've really been blessed to have him here during the holidays the past 2 years & this upcoming year.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

I understand how you feel. My husband is never home for holidays...seriously. The past 3 years he has missed Valentines Day...my birthday....his birthday...

I could go on and on.

We just always have a "Holiday" when he gets home...where we celebrate all the days we missed.

Twilight-Icons   

stpalmsgirl
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Aww that sucks, I know how you feel though... dh has missed my last 4 birthdays,  x-mas twice and our last 3 anniversaries, they army always has the perfect timing for it..

I'd think the pp suggestion to just do fathersday next weeks is a good idea..

jess80
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

awww sorry maybe u can double up on the fun when he gets home!

/** \ @@@ /**\

/ \ \ @ *_* @/ / \

\ \ '------' / /

W W / /|\ \ W W

/ \

/ _____ \

god bless you caylee and keep you safe
ElijahsMommy58
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Quoting stpalmsgirl:

Aww that sucks, I know how you feel though... dh has missed my last 4 birthdays,  x-mas twice and our last 3 anniversaries, they army always has the perfect timing for it..

haha I wish he'd be home next week. This mission is a bit longer than his usual ones. But yeah, we'll do it when he gets back.

Twilight-Icons   

cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Good...just make it extra special. He'll appreciate it. Now, do something fun for yourself today. The day doesn't have to be ruined because he's not physically there.

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

Quoting stpalmsgirl:

haha I wish he'd be home next week. This mission is a bit longer than his usual ones. But yeah, we'll do it when he gets back.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM

We did ours on Saturday because dh has to work on Sundays. He was supposed to be gone on training and we were going to postpone it until his next day off but that all got turned around. I say just celebrate when you can. You can have "Father's Day" any day of the year =)

myspace commentsPhotobucket

myspace commentsPhotobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)