Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any idea what this could be?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

My dd stayed the night with my parents the other night. She went swimming and played in the yard a lot. She was wearing shorts and I guess they didn't spray her with bug spray.Last night I noticed a few mosquito bites. No big deal but she woke up with a rash this morning. She has what looks like tiny red pimples all over her legs. Some are in clusters and others aren't. They even have little whiteheads. A week ago my dad said they pulled a tick of her so I have been keeping my eye out for a bullseye rash. She doesn't have one. She has had a slight cough for the past week though which I shrugged off to allergies. We have all had it. My SO says this is a grass rash or chigger bites but it doesn't look like either to me and it didn't show up until today. I took pictures but I can't post them because I can't find my camera adapter. Ugh. I am making a dr's appt tomorrow if the rash doesn't go away. Any ideas?

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM

could it be poison ivy ?

Equals my World

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I would say chiggers or poison oak/ivy.

cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Sounds like fire ant bites.

Luna091306
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM

That was my first thought but when I have had it in the past it was in lines. This is more like clusters and then single bumps.

Quoting Kelli.and.Ellie:

could it be poison ivy ?

jacy3031
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM

hmmm. . .  maybe just heat rash or irritation from the chlorine???  Could be ant bites too. . .

jacy3031
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM

or maybe flea bites although, I can't remember what those look like. . .

Luna091306
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Her bumps aren't so big and they don't have so much puss. Some are just red bumps and others look like pimples with whiteheads but really small, kwim?

Quoting cjsmom0206:

Sounds like fire ant bites.

Irishgirlx959
by CoxRox on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM
I agree with the Mom that said fire ant bites.. It never fails when I go to the inlaws they eat me up lol. Mine look just like what you're describing..

Luna091306
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I actually think you may be right. It looks very similar to this. What do you do for them?

Quoting Irishgirlx959:

I agree with the Mom that said fire ant bites.. It never fails when I go to the inlaws they eat me up lol. Mine look just like what you're describing..

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Maybe poison ivy.. or maybe she got bit by something else like a spider.. you dont have a picture of it do you? 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)