Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your family celebrate Father's Day/Mother's Day?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

Is it a day to spend with the kids or a day to pamper yourself or spouse?

We personally use it as a much deserved day off. Not to say we don't spend any time with the kids that day because we do have dinner together but we get to do pretty much whatever we want without lifting a finger. No gifts needed, just a chance to really relax and receive acknowledgement for all the hard work we do all the other 364 days a year.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mystee_fye
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

when i was with my parents, we'd take my dad out to eat and give him gifts there. now that im married, well its just like anyother day. i pay more attention to holidays though then DH does. cause of his job, he's usually working on a holiday so to him its just another day. (dh is Air Force security forces) i didnt get to plan fathers day like i wanted to. i thought fathers day was june 29 lol but i bought him a card and made him breakfast in bed. and kept our son from bothering him while he played xbox. hehe nothing much and he doesnt ask for much either. and thats what i normally do. (then again our son is only 2 so didnt have much time to play with the holiday lol)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Cas73
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I feel that it's a day to spend with the kids because THEY are the reason you are a parent anyway.  People make such a freakin' big deal about receiving gifts or recognition from their spouse, but I feel that as long as you have healthy, happy kids you should be grateful for that and quit worrying about the material crap. 

We don't celebrate either one, really.  My family has never been one to celebrate every freakin'  "holiday" that comes along.  It's just a regular day, just like any other day.  It's just another over commercialized day for people to expect gifts, bitch about not getting what they want, and act immature because they didn't get "enough". 

Wifey2Watson
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM

We call our parents on their special day, but that's about it. My dh and I don't do anything for each other. If our kids want to do something for us we thank them, but if they don't we don't really care either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)