Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone have a good easy recipe for....

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mac and cheese!!! (homeade) i have the noodles and lots of cheese just not sure how to make it! thanks! :)

Twilight-PicturesTwilight-Pictures

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom23luvs
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:41 PM

This is the one I generally use:

Three Cheese Macaroni

1 lg. box elbow macaroni
1 lg. can tomatoes, crushed
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese

Boil macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add tomatoes, including liquid; stir until well mixed. Stir in all three cheeses. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Spread additional Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese on top and place under broiler until cheese melts and starts to brown.
devasmom
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:41 PM

You need:

Flour

Pint of heavy cream or can of evaporated milk

Cheese (as much as you'd like, setting a handful aside)

Butter or margarine

TBLS mustard

Brown butter and flour in a large sauce pan, add cream/milk and wisk until you have a smooth consistancy, add cheese and mustard stir until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Add noodles and mix well. Put mixture in a baking dish, top with remaining cheese and bake on 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until chees on top is melted.

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

tyra618
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM

cube or shred your cheese.  add it in a pot make a rue with ice cold milk and flour no lumps (maybe 1/4 cup I don't measure).  Add your salt and pepper and garlic powder if you want.  When cheese sauce is melted and bubbly add it to the cooked noodles stir and sprinkle some Italian seasoned bread crumbs on top bake until golden brown. 

KeBe
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I melt about a can of condensed milk, a can of cheese soup from campbell's, and 2 big blocks of cheese (cheddar and Colby that I cube or shred) in a pot till smooth. I cook a box a macaroni and then when they are done I rinse with water to cool it down a little. I then take one egg and mix it in with the noodles. Then I pour the cheese mixer over the macaroni, mix it up, cover it, then put it in the oven at 350 and let it bake for 30 minutes, then take the cover off and let it bake for another 10 minutes or until it's crisp on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper for taste. Hope that helps, enjoy.

You are responsible for creating a climate of love, peace, joy, beauty, abundance, health, and order in our home. You are raising futures citizens of the United States of America.             

19deltamom
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I do it the easy way...

I cook the pasta. add milk , cheese, and butter.. Stir it all together, keep stirring until the cheese melts, might have to add more milk.. then add salt and pepper and there you go...

cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM

A roux is made with equal amounts of butter and flour.....melt about a 1/4 of butter, then add the flour. whisk constantly for a few minutes over med heat to take the flour taste out. Then slowly wisk in about 2 cups cold milk and bring to a boil. Turn the temp down and start adding your cheese, about 8-12 oz...I like to season with a little mustard powder, nutmeg and salt and pepper...maybe a small pinch of cayenne pepper too. Add a pound of parboiled elbow noodles and transfer to a casserole dish. Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake about 30 minutes at 350.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)