Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rock n Roll bedroom (PIOG) *edit

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

My dd9 wants a rock n roll bedroom.  She has a black, pink, and teal rock n roll comforter.  That's as far as we've gotten.  Anyone have any really good ideas for what to do with her room?  I'm pretty crafty so I can make some of the things.  I can never come up with the ideas though.

*she wants to paint the walls black.  I'm not opposed to it for aesthetic reasons.  They're more practical.  I think it will make her room too dark.  The carpet is already dark blue (ugh, I know).  Her room is about 10x12 and it has one window.  So, what color would look cool on the walls for a rock bedroom with blue carpet?  Hot pink?

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM

What about making her a picture poster in the shape of a guitar?(k not sure if thats the name but here is how you make it cut either card board or wood in the shape of a guitar lay thin cotton over the board and get fabric and stretch over cotton and wood staple it to the back, get ribbon and make squares where pictures or notes can be stored on the guitar) good luck hope that helps!

or getting some vinyl records and making some sort of collage on the wall?

DelielahSmith
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Those are some good ideas.  Thanks!

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM

for the walls what about doing just white at the top and teal at the bottom and then make shelves or get picture frames that are black?

MommySayz
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM

paint her room pink with a black striped accent wall where her bed is.  i did that in one of our kids room, but it was blue and brown stripes.  also shadow boxes, framed tickets, framed cd art, posters, and things like that are cool too. good luck.

connietrrll
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Try getting some old 45's from yard sales. Put them up on the wall. My daughters friend did that itlooked really cool (in her words). Find old guitars that are broken, cut the backs out and use them as end table tops. Take guitar picks and glue them to the knobs on the dressers. Just some ideas.

DelielahSmith
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM

These are GREAT ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)