Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flat tummy after a c-section?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to get a flat stomach after you've had a c-section. I  was wondering if anyone has the same problem. I just starting exercising about three weeks ago and my stomach is still a little "puffy". I've been doing ab workouts faithfully and I am not seeing results fast enough. I am getting very impatient....How long does it take for your stomach to get back to it's "pre-pregnancy" shape???? Will it ever?

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Yes you can.

Just take it easy...its not going to happen overnight. Give yourself a break!

HuntersMomee
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM

yep. i know people who have. i didnt have a belly when i had my son, he was so early i wasnt even really showing, so i dont count. lol. but i had my tummy back in about 2 weeks.

but just take it slow... wait until the doctor says it is okay to exercise again and work your way up....

¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)                          (¯`v´¯)                          (¨*.¸*.¸
(¸.´ (¸.´ .´ ¸¸.¨¯`¯♥♥♥    `*.¸.*´   
♥♥♥¯`¯¨.¸¸ ´. ´.¸) ´.¸)

TalaziaMae
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I got mine back after about three months.. everyone is different though? All I can say is walking is good

treeswallow
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I'm still waiting for mine to return to to a semblance of the way it used to be...I've had 2 sections and I think my problem is that my abs are still separated. I've tried everything, even been to PT and still I can't get them back together, so I think that my tummy will always have the pregnant look no matter how "skinny" I am since my abs are shot...If your abs are fine then you should get a flat tummy in time...

Danielle008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM

mine went back flat at 8 weeks at least im tummy muscles arent as stronge and definded but they are still noticable but i think my tummy is just naturally little. lol but when i have to pee i feel like i look 4 months pregnant cuz my tummy puffs out lol but where scar is it is numb still

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

My mom had a vertical incision for an Emergency c-section and could never get her tummy flat and in shape.  She is very much in shape, but has a little buldge around the scar.  It  is probably different b/c they actually cut her muscles apart... but im not sure!

You Keep The Change Bumper Sticker bumper stickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)