Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yours Mine and/or Ours?!?!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: The money is...

Options:

His money is his money and my money is mine

His is his and mine is mine, and we have an OUR account

We have just an our account (or accounts)

He has an account and we have an our account

I have an account and we have an our account

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 123

View Results

Ok, I read about this mom on here that had to ask her hubby for money, and I have know a few people like that and I don't understand. I was raised with its "OUR" money attudude. And I want a relationship where everything is "OURS" but I was wondering how many people still think that way?!? So please vote on the poll, and bump or explain how your family veiws the money being earned.

Thanks

baby growth

galaxy questcosleeping mommyProud Work At Home Mom Blinkiehomebirth blinkie

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2BZY
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM

We have our money, we both work and have joint accounts.  But then we also each get a weekly allowance that is our own to do with what we want.  

mitch576
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM

ours

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

HuntersMomee
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

he makes the money. but its OURS. everything is OURS.... except his surf boards and stuff like that... and i have some things that are mine... but we can both use them if we wanted... ya know.

¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)                          (¯`v´¯)                          (¨*.¸*.¸
(¸.´ (¸.´ .´ ¸¸.¨¯`¯♥♥♥    `*.¸.*´   
♥♥♥¯`¯¨.¸¸ ´. ´.¸) ´.¸)

MamaBurger
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM

We consider the money OURS, but I do discuss purchases before I make them (most of the time), simply because he works and I don't. I don't ask permission, but I do try to discuss it with him. To me, that's what feels right.

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

i picked one but our thing is this.  He has his money & accounts and I have my money & accounts.  But if I need money for the kids for something then I'll get money from him.  I have 4 accounts in his name for the kids that he doesn't have any info on.  He gets the statements & just gives them to me.  Our situation is different because he doesn't know how to let go of his family so me & my kids come last.  It's his way of holding onto his identity rather than us becoming "one."

I would never want just an OURS because you never know if 1 person is going to be disciplined or not.  Plus I wouldn't want to ask him or be dependent on him for money.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
MommySayz
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

we both have personal savings/chequing/investment accounts, we have a joint savings/chequing/investments, i have several off shore accounts, he has a couple types of portfolios.  anything that has to do with our family comes from our joint accounts, the other stuff is our own, its nice to buy him something and not use HIS money to get it for him.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Its always been OUR money. Always.

He actually asks me before he buys anything...lol.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Whats mine is his, and what his is mine. We split everything 50/50.

"And when they hear it, hopefully they spirit’ll listen, And they won’t
spend all of they life just wishin’, Stop, and restart…forgive, never
forget, And never live any life buried in regret"

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

mitch576
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

the smart ass in me wants to say....

"what's mine is mine... what's his is mine! " lol

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

mags1207
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM

i chose ours. When we started out we kept everything seperate, but after periods of unemployment everything was just easier to make joint.  We discuss major purchases and pay our bills together weekly, keep everything up to date and balanced so that we both know what we have and whats available to spend, what needs to be saved and so forth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)