Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need baby shower ideas ASAP

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
Im hosting a baby shower next saturday. I need ideas for everything! lol.
Games, snacks, foods, decorations, tell me anything you can think of to make it SUPER fun and awesome!!
Thanks so much.
Oh and I LOVE to cook, so recipes are great! Its for about 15-20 people. Give me all ya got ladies, Im counting on you!

XOXO
THANK YOU!!!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
exceptalilfish
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:32 PM

there is a lot of good stuff online if you just google like "baby shower ideas/games/food/decorations/etc" that is what i did and i got a lot of good information. every time someone posts asking this question they always get the answers that i found online! so if you dont get many replies, check that.

torijadekylie
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM
Here is a site that has lots of games, we played alot of them at my showers. the "wright family game" is hilarious!! http://www.baby-shower.com/d-games/index.html

At my shower as far as food went we did finger foods, like little sandwiches, we had a fruit tray with some cream cheese dip that my mom makes, a veggie tray, and dips and chips.

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy

Sheley
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Well for my sisters that I threw I made bracelets for party favors and they were little pink and white beaded ones and I hung them on this little tree that sat at the front door for them to pick one.  And we had a bowl of punch and I floated mini rubber ducks in it with pink ribbons on just for decoration. 

We played one game that everyone was passed around some ribbon and to cut how much they thought would go around my sisters belly.  Then they won a really cute hand painted frame that I bought and painted at the dollar store.  I forget the food I had tho sorry.  Hope these ideas helped.

lcappytan05
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I just had my shower a few weeks ago.

this is what we had...

food:

masticcoli (sp?)--my mom made a huge pot of it.

salad

deli meats, cheese, bread

chips

games:

guessed how many bibs I will get

put candy in a bottle and made them guess how much was in there.

baby bingo

word scramble

Pregnancy ticker its a boy

Are you an Evolution Mommy??? Come join my group! click here!

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:40 PM

food: bbq smokies, and i would do lunch meat, ham & turkey with buns and all the fixins......crackers, meat, cheese. snacks...chips, etc.

cake or cupcakes....yum! :) all i can think of is food right now cuz im so hungry! haha

games, price is right (baby shower kind) is WAY fun!!!

um baby and mommy animals

lots of ppl like guessing tummy size with ribbon, yarn etc.

the poopie diaper thing, just a small piece of felt with mustard and stuff in it, only a few ppl win

a fun one i had been to was also they bought small plastic babies... (like finger nail size, prob craft section) put them in ice cubes and put them in cups with what ppl wanted 2 drink and whos ever baby "broke the water" (aka got out of the ice cube) won...

just some ideas....deceration id says just go to ur dollar store and get ballons, streamers, etc

Stephanie808
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I helped with 2

baby Chick-"there is a new (last name) chick in town"-godiva has cute chick chocates we had 4pc boxes as game prizes

and a tea party one

Caffeine Addict

1hotmama7
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:44 PM

at my friends shower  we play  what was mommie  wearing.

she was walking around talking with everyone than she was called out of the room than   we said ok game time,  what was she wearing, the person  with the most wins,   and that can also inclued  anything  that is on her body....   people  had fun with that..

the tray game....        take a tray  wrap with a baby blanket,  place many baby items on the tray,     walk around with the tray  and let everyone look at  it for about 20 seconds,     than take the tray outta the room,     have everyone write down  in one minute what was on the tray.    who ever gets the most wins,       { its fun to see how many people  make things up}

hope this helps ya   a lil bit.....

Ashisexhausted1
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Chili cheese dip! I don't know if you have skyline chili that they sell in the store there..

ne 12 oz. package softened cream cheese
One 13 oz. frozen Skyline Chili thawed OR one 15 oz. can of Skyline Chili
¼ cup diced onions (optional)
12 oz. Skyline shredded mild cheddar cheese

You can add more if there will be alot of people..like more cream cheese etc..

StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I just hosted one on the twelfth...so it's still fresh in my mind

It was held in a restaurant with a buffet so all I had to provide was cake and punch :)

The theme was frogs and duckies (It's a baby boy)

Games:

Word unscramble

Guess the nursey rhyme

^Were both on paper

Dont say "baby"! We put charms on ribbon, each guest was given a charm at the beginning of the shower... and when someone heard someone else say the word "baby" they could take their charm. The person with the most charms at the end of the shower won a prize

Toilet Paper-How big is mommy's belly? Each person tore off the number of squares that would fit perfectly around mom's belly..

Give me a few minutes and I'll post some pictures!

StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)