Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sand on a Plane??? (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi all, hope everyone is doin good. As most of you know I am going to Seattle the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am taking a plane out of Kansas City, Mo. While I am gone we plan on going to the beach. My question is can I bring home sand and maybe some sea shells on the plane, and if so how do I transport it? If anyone can help me I would be so happy. Thanks in advance,

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Don't pack it in your carry on bag. I would just place the sand and sea shells in a jar, and pack the jar in your checked suit case.  

Kairi

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

There's sand at the beach here? lol The ones I've been to are either rocks or mud. lol

Twilight-Icons   

Instead of a prince with a horse, I'd rather have a Vampire with a Volvo. :)

Zanny
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM

When we go to Sanibel, we pack Shells, sand, etc, in a ziplock bag, take everything to the UPS Store, and have them pack it all up, so nothing will break, and ship it to us back home....

RmeWifey01
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:40 PM

You could always send it home via USPS before you go to the airport. That way there is no hassle.

ElijahsMommy58

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

There's sand at the beach here? lol The ones I've been to are either rocks or mud. lol

Oh & I forgot to add, if you've never been up here before, be prepared for it to be COLD at the beach!!! My MIL went in February & froze her toosh off for a couple of pics. lol

Twilight-Icons   

Instead of a prince with a horse, I'd rather have a Vampire with a Volvo. :)

lcappytan05

i know you cant (in your carry on or checked bag) on international flights...but im not sure about domestic...

i would call the airline and ask to be on the safe side.

Pregnancy ticker its a boy

Are you an Evolution Mommy??? Come join my group! click here!

MommySayz
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM

make sure to dry out the sand and shells first. then just pack it in your bags you are checking and i didnt know there was sand here either.

mitch576

from within our country? yes... outside of the u.s. depends on that country's import/export laws.

the way you do it is.... you take the sand from the water line where it is wet... then lay the sand out to dry on a cookie sheet or other flat surface.

they recommend you get it from the water line because there is where the least amount of "things" live in and congregate.

shells and sand in seperate bags.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

MISSOURIBABY

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

Oh no are you telling me that there is no sand? I seriously hope I get to see some sand. We are planning on going to La Push and first beach Have you been there? Yes you guessed it I am a huge Twilight fan. The girl that I am going to see is a big fan to and we want to see new moon the first night.

mitch576
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM

can't be in the carry on... you have to put it in your other bags

Quoting lcappytan05:

i know you cant (in your carry on or checked bag) on international flights...but im not sure about domestic...

i would call the airline and ask to be on the safe side.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)