Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO quit his job...*UPDATE*

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 19 Replies

So, I work part-time. Mainly weekends, with the occastional weekday. I want more hours, but my boss wont give me more, because she does not trust that my SO will watch the boys. (He got mad ONCE, and left, so I had to call into work) I make minimum wage, $8.55. 

My SO works full time, and makes $13.63. He got mad at his boss last night and quit his job. (His boss has been promising a pay raise to go with the promotion. He got the promotion about 9 months ago. Instead of giving him the raise, the boss demoted him. A co-worker was drinking at work and becoming beligerant, he tells his boss, and he gets in trouble for tattling.) He also may be going to jail Wed.

My SO got mad because I refused to take today off and spend all day with him. He should be glad that I am willing to work, and now I have to pick up extra hours until he find a new job, and I know he wont find one that pays that well, seeing as he never graduated HS. That's the best paying job he's had. Wish us luck, or me luck if he goes to jail.

ETA-Last year he got a few tickets, mainly no insurance and defective lights. In Jan, he got pulled over for impoperly dispalyed plate and broken brake lights, then also got nailed with no insurance. In March, he got pulled over again for broken brake lights (He never fixed them) and all those unpaid tickets caught up to him. So, he was charged with DWLS3. He took the plea deal, which as plead guilty, and then have 90 days to pay all tickets that were suspension and get his license re-instated. If he also got insurance, then all remaining tickets would be cut in half.

He has not paid a single penny.

UPDATE- So, his court date was the 24th. On the 23rd, we went to downtown Seattle and he set up at a payment plan and paid the down payment and his license was released from suspended status in that county. On the 24th, he gets us up at 5:30am, we take the train to Sumner, just to discover they sent the tickets to a collection agency in Tacoma. So, we bus over there, and he becomes a total asshole, because time is running out. He tells his mom I went to a friend's house, and has her pick him up, from the collection agency, where he also set up payment plans. He throws $20 at me, (literly, he crumpled it up and threw it at me) so i can get food for the boys (It is about 11am, they have no eaten yet because he can't spare 5min to stop at McD to get food After we eat, I have to take th boys via bus to Fife to meet up with him. During this time, his mom took him to the DOL so he can get his letter stating his license his free and clear now. So, at his court hearing, the judge wipes away the DWLS3 and the defective equipment charges, and leaves him with the no insurance. If he gets insurance in the next 60 days, that ticket will be cut in half.

He saw his boss on the way home from the courthouse, and his boss talked to HR about him getting his job back. HR said no, but they will list it as a lay-off rather than a fire. The paperwork for it to be listed as a quit was not properly filed.

Because he wanted until the last minute, we have no money left for rent. Rent was due yesterday. I am at work, he has Noah. William is with my parents. I cannot get ahold of Rob. We will see what happens.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RmeWifey01
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Sorry dear. That was stupid of him. There are so many ways to go about getting that raise than quitting on the spot without a back-up plan. Here's to hopin' for the best.....margarita time

ZachNHannahsMom
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Good luck with that. Not very responsible of him.

hannah.png zachary.png                beautiful-girl-handsome-boy.png

ThunderKitten
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Not that it's any of my business but why is he going to jail for tattling on the other co worker?

Anyway, I wish you guys luck- this story is waaaaay too similar to mine. Things will turn out ok, good luck!

funny vintage Pictures, Images and Photos

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Yeah...ummm...he wouldn't be sharing a home with me anymore. Especially if he did something worthy of going to jail.....

Heartlight617
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Happy Father's Day to him, eh? So sorry for you! Maybe jail will be a wake-up call. He needs one! My husband did the same thing once. He used to call me at work harassing me all the time! My boss once said,"Lose him, or he will suck the life out of you!" She was right! Hang in mama!
Carol
maybaby08
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Ditto, quitting your job in this economy if you don't have the means (extra money saved, high chance of finding another job because of qualifications, etc) is plain stupid. And possibly going to jail? I know people make mistakes but from (just from hearing this and no other side/part of the story) it's time to leave.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Yeah...ummm...he wouldn't be sharing a home with me anymore. Especially if he did something worthy of going to jail.....

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

Jafra_mommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Wow, if I'm being honest... what a dumb ass! Sorry, but who voluntarily quits their job in this kind of economy?! If you don't mind me asking, what is he going to jail for? Was it something he could've had work release for?

247mamaandwife
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Jesus i would be pissed ! I am sorry good luckj

funny icons Pictures, Images and Photos
vickieb310
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Wow, that doesn't sound very responsible on his part.  No wonder your boss doesn't trust him.

I hope things work out for you!!!

julionna_lion
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but the economy totally sucks. My husband got mad and quit his job.....9 months ago....and still hasnt found a "real" job yet. He has been doing odd jobs and such....in addition to puting in at least 5 applications a day mon-friday.....

It sucks.

But...good luck! I hope all works out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)