Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I handle this situation?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 13 year old daughter likes a boy, who is almost 15.  He is very well known for being a player.

While at her sisters house babysitting her dogs, I was informed that the boy was kissing my dadughter, and they were holding hands.  I wasn't there, and neither was my older daughter, who is in N. Carolina right now.

How do I handle this?  

I am a God fearing person who does not believe in dating unless your older and your looking for a marriage mate.  

My daughter is also cognitively delayed, and is or was in a CD classroom along with this boy.

My greatest fear is her having sex and getting hurt or worse...  pregnant.   :(

http://amazingisabel.blogspot.com

http://store.auctiva.com/jahspromise

family in the van

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
junebug624
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Is this cd class like a special ed class?  Perhaps they both dont know about the ramifications behind any sexual encounter.  Dont assume that is even what is happening, you dont want to push her away.  Just sit her down and talk to her about her feelings for this boy, and perhaps meet with him so he understands how seriously you feel about their encounters.  Good luck!

~June 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

RmeWifey01
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Oh gosh! Well personally if I were you, I'd put her on b/c real quick! I know you are a Christian, as am I, but the mere fact that she is CD is reason enough. She may not quite get it when you explain to her about boys and sex. At her age she really doesn't get that the boy isn't really interested in pursuing a long-term, steady relationship, but that he really just wants sex with a willing participant. In some cases the boy doesn't even really get that until AFTER he has had the girl and decides he has had enough of her and sets his eyes on the next victim (so to speak). I think if you go the way of b/c then sit her down and explain to her that you are definately NOT condoning sexual behavior at her age or before marraige but that she is seriously not old enough to deal with an unplanned pregnancy with her issue, and especially not as a single teen parent. Also you may need to monitor her more by going to her sister's house WITH her if her sister is not there to watch her. Any time alone with this boy is time enough for him to coax her into doing what she will regret later. God bless you mama!  

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM

wave

Hi lorilovesya

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)