Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what airline...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

what airline do u feel is the most kid friendly? My 18month old dd and I are traveling cross country next month and I want things to go as smoothly as possible :)

I am NOT a woman whose hair looks perfect all the time, whose house is always clean, or who cooks a home-cooked meal every night.....I AM a woman who knows how to love unconditionally, learns from her mistakes, who is not afraid to stand up for what is right, and who is PROUD to be both a mother and a wife!                                                                                                 

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Southwest Airlines has the best customer service by far...but they might not be an option for you...I've also heard good things about Jet Blue. 

gracielullaby
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I've only flown SouthWest and jet Blue with my DS. Everytime there was great service. All the flight attendants were super friendly with DS and he enjoyed the attention and it helped keep his mind off what was really going on.

Good luck though!!

EtiesMommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I have flown Northwest, Alaska, and US Airways. I hated US because you have to pay for even water on the flights, and they were rude when I was holding my 2 year old because he was having leg cramps. They made me put him back in his car seat while he was crying in pain. I will never fly them again. NW has always been good to us. Alaska is the nicest I have flown. Before kids I flew Southwest and Continental and never had any issues with them either.

SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I swear by Northwest. Well it's Delta now. Maybe not the BEST customer service but we have never had any problems with them and their flight attendants are always super sweet to our daughter.   My least fav was American Airlines. I've never flown with them while with my child but they are ALWAYS late, and not just late we are talking hours late. And I've always been stuck for hours on the plane and with a child that is not fun. It gets hot and sticky and it's just sucky.
I'm not sure if Delta flies cross country though.

IslandBreeze
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

southwest!! I have not flown any other airline in years.

You don't want assigned seating. If youre there early, and you can pick seats where kids can loosen up without pissing off other pax's, then you're good.

Stephanie808
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Not United!

I was traveling to HI from CA on military orders prego with a 2 yo and they wouldn't seat me early even though we had to put a carseat into my dd seat. They were the rudest I've dealt with.

Caffeine Addict

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM

United blows. My son flew alone and the attendant assigned to him didn't even help him buy food, after she was told three times where his money was.

Southwest is awesome for kids. They're very accommodating. They also take great care of minors that are flying alone.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

hhickey
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM

While I have not flown them in years, Southwest has the best customer service BY FAR!  My DH and I flew cross country with a one month old on Alaska (took 16 hours and three separate flights) and everyone was very helpful and very nice.  ON the last leg of our trip the baby was screaming and the plane was full of airline attendants who where catching this commuter flight home.  They handed DH a beer and took the baby and walked her so I could get five minutes to pee and freshen up.  While I was leary of handing over my baby... it wasn't like they were going to go anywhere and DH and I were exhausted.  It felt good to have a plane full of airline staff that were willing to help us out.

cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I have flown almost every major airline. Mainly NorthWest....the best customer service by a land slide is airtran. There planes are new, and the staff is relaxed and friendly. If they have extra seats, they will bump families with small children to their business class.

US airways is the worst IMO.....bad customer service, and too many flight changes and cancellations.

NESmith63
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I ONLY fly American Airlines....but then again I may be just a little partial considering my Father in Law is a pilot for them and has been for over 30 years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)