Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to let my Heart out.....

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

This is a hard day for me although it's been almost 36yrs. I love my hubby to death and am so blessed for him to be in my life and have given me our two beautiful daughters. I grew up never knowing my father and my mom almost married someone when I was young, I thought he was a great guy but as I grew older found out he wasn't to great and that's why my mom kicked him out. Anyhow she never remarried and I had very few father figures in my life. So this day comes around and I always have that thought in the back of my mind what it would be like to grow up w/ a daddy. Thanks I just really can't share my feelings w/ my hubby he grew up w/ a tight knit family and they are wonderful so i'm blessed for that too. Love my in-laws had lunch w/ his parents today, another wonderful meal! Hoping all had a great day w/ Dad's in their children's lives!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gagegang
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

AWWW I am sorry momma. Fathers day is always hard for me. My dad got remarried after the divorce with my mom.  He now has a new family and never calls.  I dont even know how to get ahold of him. 

Mommy_2_Ella
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I sorry hunny. That brought tears to my eyes. Chances are my DD will never meet her bio dad unless someday when she's older she wants to find him and I wonder how it will affect her later in life. Especially because my dad was a huge part of my life. DD has SO who is her daddy but I still wonder if she will ever feel the way you do. I wish there was something I could say to you to make you feel better. Heres a HUGE hug and I think its great that you embrace your inlaws. You truely are blessed.

Mommy to human girl Ella born 10-14-06, my big beautiful brown eyed girl...mommy to 3 doggie furbabies Molly (10), Charley (16) and Cooper (2) and foster mommy to many furbabies. And caretaker, mentor and friend to the wonderful children in my in home daycare!

I  do not have to answer the question 'Why do you  have so many animals?' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get..

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM

My SOs father was never really in his life and his exstepdad was a huge POS (I guess thats his moms type, poor woman) anyways... my dad took him under his wing and they get along great... I guess its the closest thing to a dad that my SO has had... but he still doesnt know how to act or feel around him.. I tell him to just be himself. Take advantage of your hubbys family. I dont have a big family and the family that I do have doesnt give two shits about me or my little family (other than my mom, dad, and stepdad). SOs mom and sister NEVER call... so its pretty much just me, him, DD, soon to be DS... then my mom, dad and step dad.

I have always said every kid needs a father figure... but there is nothing wrong with not having one til now... and if your hubbys family accepts you... than enjoy it and feel what its like to have a loving family and father figure...

I hope you understand what im trying to say... im tired and probably delusional. =]

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Oh, I understand. My dad was in the home, but he was a drunk and sometimes a drug user. He was NOT a guiding figure. He was physically there that is all. My dh's dad, well I have never met him. My dh didn't really feel bonded, as his dad and mom separated when he was just a baby. His dad DID try to be in his life, but then his new stepmom hated him and they didn't really see much of each other anymore.

WE deal with not having dads by being the best parents to our kids that WE can be. My dh tries to be a good dad and be involved. That is all we can do.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

CyndiK
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I'm sorry hear about that, I have to tell myself that he is missing out on his granddaughters! and thanks!

lillitigator88
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM

i feel you.. my  biological father I never met. my 1st step dad was my father for 6 years then walked out when i was 9 with no goodbye nothing.. that hurt ALOT still does.. my last adopted father when I was 10 married my mom was abusive to all of us. they got divorced we lived in a shelter for a few mo. when I was 16 but my dh and his dad are close. my dh is a great husband and father. I just wish I could have known that too so I feel you..

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I can somewhat relate. My father is a paranoid schizophrenic, and while he's not a BAD father, he just isn't capable of being like most fathers.

but..he loves us. That's enough.

CyndiK
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Thank ya'll I know I am blessed and there are people worse out there than me so my heart does go out to them!I just will always have that wonder.

lillitigator88
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM

yeah, no matter how bad you had it somebody always had it worse but that does not make your pain any less relevant. you are important. just remember that..  glad you have a good husband and are making your dd's childhood the best it can be. go you and I am sur eyou are a great mom.. group hug

Quoting CyndiK:

Thank ya'll I know I am blessed and there are people worse out there than me so my heart does go out to them!I just will always have that wonder.

CyndiK
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Thank you i try my best and work w/ kids they are my life!

Quoting lillitigator88:

yeah, no matter how bad you had it somebody always had it worse but that does not make your pain any less relevant. you are important. just remember that..  glad you have a good husband and are making your dd's childhood the best it can be. go you and I am sur eyou are a great mom.. group hug

Quoting CyndiK:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)