Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DIAPER RASH! PLEASE HELP

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 7 month old has a bad diaper rash, she has been having like diarrhea poops, and I usually dont know about it until a little later, like she doesnt cry about it until a few min after, so by the time I get to change her, she has a rash, well she has had the poops like this for a few days, (she isnt sick, no fever or anything and eats and drinks just fine). I have tried, diaper rash cream (desitin), vaseline, corn starch, and now vaseline and corn starch mixed together to make a paste. I was using wipes and I know that doesnt help so I stopped now until it gets better. But what else can I do to get it to go away. I even do the airing it out thing. Any ideas that work great??? Thank you!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krista778
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Equal parts Aquafer and Malox in a paste. Its like a magic balm for the diaper rash!

EscVelocity
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM

If the rash is from diarrhea, then i would use a liquid antacid(like malox) on her rash area, and cover it thick with petroleum jelly. The liquid anti-acids work best with these types of rashes.

lillitigator88
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

to make her poops more solid try applesauce (not juice) give more water and try rice cereal even in some bottles If you have to... don't give her oatmeal.. I would try beaduox (sp) butt paste it works for me. and I would dry her butt completely after you wipe her clean before you put any rash cream on. btw my dd is 9 mo.old I feel your pain.

krazynellie
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I swear by and used A&D ointment or Bag Balm only! Always used every night and on long car trips were they might be in a diaper longer then normal even if no rash.

EDIT ..... If nothing works it could be yeast too from all the irriatation and upset tummy!

Do you love showing off your kids and the different things they do? Click my siggy and join now!

LEJOLIE
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

MOST LIKELY ITS A YEAST INFECTION . NYSATIN OR VUSION PRESCRIBED BY PEDI WILL CLEAR IT UP IN 2 DAYS. IT DOES SPREAD  IF NOT TREATED. 

wagnerswifee21
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM

You can try an oatmeal bath to help soothe the area as well as the above advices given. You are right to halt on the use of the baby wipes, instead, use a warm, wet cloth at diaper changes. With the mylanta, dab it on w some cotton and allow to dry completely before applying the vaseline. Pat her clean with the diaper changes, and if some of the mylanta remains, that's good, as long as you cleanse off all the stool. Keep up w the airing out her fanny, and maybe try some baby food bananas or applesauce to help with the diarrhea aspect. Good luck hun! Diaper rashes stink!

wifee_of_soldier

Susan0805
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM

When dd was teething she had lots of diarrhea and with it came rashes. the things that helped the most was destin and after baths I would let her bottom air dry and then put either baby powder or vaseline on it. and I made sure I frequently changed her and let her air dry often.

patrioticProud Airforce Wife/Veteran

sxybxmami
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM
it might be a yeast infection take the baby to the doctor and she might have diahrriah cuz she might be teething
when babies swallow their saliva it happens try to give her lots of liquids so she doesn't dehydrate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)