Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm stumped...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

Heres a little problem my DF and i have been struggling with. We want to get started on setting the date for our wedding but, we both agree that my family and his family... Together in the same room, wouldn't be the greatest of all ideas. We are against a court wedding. We want an actual wedding. The dress, flowers, brides maids, flower girl... so on and so fourth.

The only thing i can come up with is having 2 weddings but that's just ridiculous!!

Anyone??

I'am a proud 20 year old mother who is a vaccinating, co-sleeping, once breastfed now formula feeding, swear word user, disposable diapering, sing my <3 out while driving, tattoo'd, school going, thick headed, fast food eating, ear piercing, hair dying, stay at home mother of 1 beautiful little girl!!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Set the date, and when you tell your families about it, tell them that if they want to share this day with you, then they're going to be civil to each other, or they're not invited.  It's as simple as that.  There's no reason why you should have to have TWO weddings just to appease your families when a wedding is NOT about the families...it's about you two!  You don't want/need the drama, so if they're going to cause it - buh-bye!  JMO

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker
SuthrnPrincess
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Put bit and blinders on them like you would a horse... Sorry couldn't resist. I really don't know girl but I hope you figure it out. Here is a bump. 

Love Twilight? Love reading? Watching Movies? Playing Games? Chatting with no drama mommas? Come check out The Coven.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Se7enTh1rt3en:

Set the date, and when you tell your families about it, tell them that if they want to share this day with you, then they're going to be civil to each other, or they're not invited.  It's as simple as that.  There's no reason why you should have to have TWO weddings just to appease your families when a wedding is NOT about the families...it's about you two!  You don't want/need the drama, so if they're going to cause it - buh-bye!  JMO

This.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

What she said:

Quoting Se7enTh1rt3en:

ajswenson
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I was worried about this within my own family, but thankfully everyone was on their best behaviors.  Also, if you have some close friends that can be the "peace keepers" at the wedding that helps.  These friends have been given the right by you and your fiance to ask people to leave if they are acting in appropriate.  You should not have to worry about this on your day.  A good friend can take care of it for you.  good luck.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Quoting Se7enTh1rt3en:

This.

BKCM2008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM

lol. Thank you. I needed a laugh. Unfortunatly i think that would make they're beer goggles better. *sigh* I just don't know :-(

Quoting SuthrnPrincess:

Put bit and blinders on them like you would a horse... Sorry couldn't resist. I really don't know girl but I hope you figure it out. Here is a bump. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)